NILMDTS For Photographers

Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.

Re: NILMDTS For Photographers

Postby bellzerr » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:58 am

Tell me more about "retouch artists."
Mark

Postby dalekincaid » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:43 am

Often times the infants have inperfections due to the nature of their not surviving, such as stillborn that may have passed in the womb several days before. We want to provide beautiful images to the parents and families that they may treasure the pleasing memories of the little angel. Not all photographers posses the retouching skills needed in some situations. There is a team of retouch artists that photographers can forward images to request what they need accomplished. They do this through the "Call On ME" section of the forum. The final output is then converted to B&W by the photographer with any artwork added and a disc of printable images is given to the family. Many photographers also provide a slideshow set to music.

The role of the retouch artists is a very important part of the organization. By no means do we change birth defects. Only those imperfections that were due to the circumstances of birth. I don't want to be graphic here in my description. If you would like more details you can email me at somewherintime@dalekincaid.net.

Applying as a retouch artist for NILMDTS is available on the web site. Once the application is received you are emailed a few sample pictures to retouch that will provide us with a sample of your skill level. Upon approval, there is a $25.00/year fee that gives you access to the forum and the Call On Me section.

Dale K

Postby PhotoMill » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:31 pm

Perhaps I have missed it but, is there a Canadian chapter?

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Postby dalekincaid » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:24 pm

I guess we failed to mention the organization has members is worldwide.

Postby delekatala » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:36 pm

That is interesting to me, Come to think of it I do see mostly black and white in the NILMDTS forum. Those are the ones I picked out myself to post, it is my own album, so that explains why there are color. It is a shame, I would be so sad if I didn't have the beautiful color photos. I love photography myself, and I feel I really connected with the photographer, I think she understood my need for photos to cope. She asked me what I wanted and I asked her to photograph everything, nothing was off limits and I didn't want to miss anything. And she journaled the entire day.

Previous

Return to Photography