PPA October Charity Funfraiser "Operation Smile"

Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.
Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

PPA October Charity Funfraiser "Operation Smile"

Postby alcain » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:09 am

Begun in 2005, Family Portrait Month provides PPA-member studios with an annual, high-profile opportunity to participate in a nationwide, charity-driven promotion to benefit Operation Smile and elevate the business image of participating studios. The event is sponsored by PPA Charities for the benefit of Operation Smile.

Hi gang, as a photographer I know the meaning of a beautiful smile. I am always telling my clients to "Smile for the camera!" But there are thousands of children who would not, or can not smile due to birth defects.

I am participating in the PPA Charities annual event to support "operation Smile" this year. I would also suggest any of you fellow portrait photographers do the same, if you are able to do so. If not, I am also asking for a donation (if you are so led) to support this cause. If you would like to contribute, contact me so I can arrange a paypal invoice to be sent to you. I will also provide you with a receipt, so that you may claim this donation on your 2009 income taxes.

To see a video of the project: http://www.ppacharities.com/2009/05/the ... can-do.php

I will be teaming up with my dentist and my students a Princess Anne High School to offer free portraits for a donation of $25 or more. Can you help?

Thanks to all, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Return to Photography