Finally upgraded to Adobe CS4...

Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Finally upgraded to Adobe CS4...

Postby Tarafrost » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:44 am

I finally received my long awaited Adobe CS4 Master Collection (!!!) last week and have upgraded all my installations.

So far, haven't used it too much, but given that a week ago my wife and I got back from doing a wedding shoot in the Dominican Republic for some friends, I'll be using it a lot once I get all my photos processed. 1535 frames from that shoot! Youza!

Hope to be able to finally play with PSP 4.0 to do a short slideshow from some of those shots. Not a wedding show, but a fun one. Might do a wedding one as well if time allows. I've been downloading the latest 4.0 releases, including the one from a few days ago, but as yet have not had the time to install and use the new release. Hopefully Photodex has cleared up some of the bugs that are typical in a new major release by now.

Now that I have the latest Premiere and Encore, that'll help with creating Bluray discs and such too!

Fun stuff!

So many cool tools....so little time! :)
....Andrzej (aka: the curmudgeon)

Tarafrost Photography: Specializing in Wild-Life
http://www.tarafrost.com

JPLE

Re: Finally upgraded to Adobe CS4...

Postby JPLE » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:05 am

I use PE 5 and despite the higher price I would like to know if it is worted to go right now to CS 4, at least the régular édition instead to upgrade to PE 7? Will i find the same set up: Organiser and Editor?
Thank's

crisceci3433

Postby crisceci3433 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:59 am

Tarafrost, just a question how do you export your PSP projects to Encore. I use Encore CS3 but not familiar, i have used encore for other videos etc but not files from PSP.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:16 am

crisceci3433 wrote:Tarafrost, just a question how do you export your PSP projects to Encore. I use Encore CS3 but not familiar, i have used encore for other videos etc but not files from PSP.

I'm new to Encore...haven't even fired it up yet, so I'm speculating here a bit.

I was planning to just export the actual slideshow in a suitable format (MPEG2/4 or some such) and then use Encore to build the DVD menus and the like that link to the show.

But that is just a theory right now.

Postby heckydog » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:35 am

Just to add my 2¢ worth.

You can't import a PSP project directly into Encore. As Tarafrost speculated, you have to create a suitable output and then open a new project in Encore, add your menu, and make the dvd.

There's a big IF attached to this too. IF PSP can output a suitable mpeg-2 file so Encore won't trancode it, then that is the way to go. Otherwise, make the best possible avi you can and have Encore transcode it for you.

If PSP makes an mpeg-2 and Encore wants to transcode it again, there's no advantage to that and you will lose quality in the process. I tried a couple times to find parameters in PSP that would work in Encore but I didn't have any luck so now I just make the avi and let Encore do it's thing.

btw, you can transcode the file while you're working on something else in Encore so you don't necessarily waste a lot of time waiting for the transcoding to get done.

Joe

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:50 am

heckydog wrote:Just to add my 2¢ worth.

I tried a couple times to find parameters in PSP that would work in Encore but I didn't have any luck so now I just make the avi and let Encore do it's thing.

Good tip, Joe. Thanks for sharing that....I'll keep that in mind when I find the time to play with Encore and do some DVDs.

crisceci3433

Postby crisceci3433 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:34 pm

Thanks heckydog is good to know. What are your setting when you export to .avi?
Tarafrost maybe this can help you get to know more this handy application
http://www.totaltraining.com/prod/adobe ... _dvdwf.asp

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:33 pm

crisceci3433 wrote:Thanks heckydog is good to know. What are your setting when you export to .avi?
Tarafrost maybe this can help you get to know more this handy application
http://www.totaltraining.com/prod/adobe ... _dvdwf.asp

Thanks for the link....but I find with a manual and with 30 years in the software biz, I can pick up new software pretty quickly. My issue right now is not enough hours in the day to play with new software.

The price of those DVD training materials is pretty steep. They should have made the link:

encorecs4_dvdWTF.asp :shock:

LOL

Esteemed Member

Postby LEE7 » Tue May 05, 2009 8:01 am

Hi

I have been using Encore 1.5 for a while to stitch a few Proshow shows into a DVD with menus etc.

The only problem I have found so far is:

If You save your show as an MPG, out of Producer, at the best rate it won't load into Encore it states " The bitrate is too high"

You have to knock the quality down a notch, having said that there is no noticable difference as far as I can see.

BTW cant use Encore 2 & above My comp isn't fast enough, time for an upgraded rebuild I think.

Regards.

Peter

Return to Photography