Photo Viewer recommendation...

Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Photo Viewer recommendation...

Postby Tarafrost » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:05 am

Just upgraded my copy of ACDSee Pro 1.0 to the latest 2.5 version.

First impressions: sweet!

It has all the speed that ACDSee is famous for...and displays my D200 raw files way, way faster than Nikon View or anything else for that matter. This latest version even seems to display photos rotated correctly from older bodies like my D100, which prior versions never did.

I've used iView MediaPro as my cataloging tool, but the performance and stability have issues, and now that it has been under the Microsoft umbrella for a while, it's even less attractive. I'll be evaluating the latest ACDSee Pro to see if I can use it for metadata and cataloguing functions as well as a fast photo viewer.

So far: thumbs up on ACDSee Pro 2.5.
....Andrzej (aka: the curmudgeon)

Tarafrost Photography: Specializing in Wild-Life
http://www.tarafrost.com

Re: Photo Viewer recommendation...

Postby im42n8 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:22 pm

It finally has the capability to rotate a RAW image! That's something that ACDSee has needed for quite some time. However, you still have to go into edit mode for the Raw images to rotate them! CTRL-J won't do it! It's better than it was by far ... but ver 3 should be even better. The RAW tools still aren't where they should be ... but they do show promise.

I've used ACDSee for many years and have had ACDSee Pro for several. But I also have Lightroom. It does most of my heavy duty work. ACDSee Pro I use for other things ... like them both for what they do! I like the fact that ACDSee Pro can now use a sidecar or embed info right into the file itself!

Dale

Return to Photography