Requesting Wedding photos

Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.
dlvery

Requesting Wedding photos

Postby dlvery » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi All,
I have been considering moving full tilt into the wedding market by attending a wedding bridal show as a vendor. I would like to bump up my ad show to the highest quality photos for a demo and wondered if anyone might consider allowing me to use appx. 50 professional photos to showcase your photography and my creativity. I would credit you as the photographer in the show and your contact information if you would like. I am excited about the prospect of moving further into this market.

Thanks in advance-
Diane
Photo Journey, LLC

Re: Requesting Wedding photos

Postby JaniceMBrown » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:40 pm

I have about 100 wedding pictures very high grade that I have rights to. If you want to go look at my video that I used them for to see if they are anything you would like you are welcome to them. This video was done for practice and demo purposes. I am NOT looking for critique please. I know I am amatuer and am not ready to open myself up to that just yet. But..the pictures are yours if you can use any of them.

http://www.mymemoreel.com/Video/Tyberg.html

Janice
Janice M. Brown
MemoReel Productions
http://www.MyMemoReel.com

dlvery

Postby dlvery » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi Janice,
Thank you very much for the offer of these photos. That is very kind of you. I will be happy to use them though they are not exactly what I was looking for. I am looking for more portraiture type photos. I may try to put a note out on a photographers blog, if I can locate one. I would like to try my hand at yours as well because the more one practices, the better one gets!

And, by the way, your creation shows much promise! It looks like you have worked hard to learn many techniques in producer and that is very commendable! I sensed you asking me not to critique it, might be because you were gunshy. I read your website post and thought there were some harsh comments for you. I have always said you can say a negative comment in a negative way or a positive way. Even if there were some advice to send your way, it was a bit harsh and I know how you feel. When I first posted early shows, I got some screaming negative comments. It crushed me because I didnt yet have any confidence in what I was doing. In the long run though, it was those comments that pushed me to think on a higher level and therefore create at a higher level, so I did appreciate them. But it took quite some time to appreciate those comments after the initial sting. So, I will offer one bit of advice on your show... don't be afraid to highlight the people in the shows more than the artistic creation in the show. I would enlarge the smaller moving photos so viewers can enjoy the folks and simplify the show a bit with less movement. You have a great start and I love your low opacity background photos. You had some great ideas!

I am considering a bridal vendor show to spread my wings, but its in a few weeks and I am not sure I can be ready. I have been doing mostly school year-in-review type shows, sports shows and anniversary, but the wedding end has not been nearly as strong. I hope to do more in the future. Thanks again for your offer.

Diane

PS.- I am working on my website and it is such an arduous task that I am not sure I will ask anyone for advice, because it was too tiring to put together! How did you get your shows on your website? I like the way they look there. Did you use the directions posted on this forum? That is the next step for us- one that I am not looking forward to figuring out .

Postby JaniceMBrown » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:03 pm

Thank you for all your kind words. My biggest struggle is the lack of creativity. I know, I know why would a non-creative person be doing this? Heck If in know! I enjoy it!

I have tons of pictures that are NOT in that video and might work for you. These files are huge and therefore I am not sure how to get them to you or what would be the best route. Do you know how to use an FTP server?

My site videos are output on PSP as flash shows and it creates the html for me. After the html is created I simply cut and paste the html coding into my own master site page and rename it for that video. There are 3 seperate files that come with an flash video when PSP creates it. You simply upload all 3 files to your site and know the name of the html file and wa la..very simply there it is. I am not anxious for thos in my market to know what software I use. I therefore take every effort to hide that and I find the flash output to be the easiest to do that with because the player doesn't have to be installed or downloaded.

I would love to talk to you about the school shows you have done. Please message me through here and lets connect.

Thanks for everything
Janice
Janice M. Brown
MemoReel Productions
http://www.MyMemoReel.com

Return to Photography