Nikon

Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.

Re: Nikon

Postby Rizze » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:38 am

i want to take picture and be able to see it right them on my computer.

That does not work with a card reader, so you need software and USB cable to connect the camera to a PC.Turn on the PTP ( Picture Tranfer Protocol) in the camera setup menu.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10374&p=89414#p89414

http://www.diyphotobits.com/2008/11/28/ ... 21-greens/

Rizze

Postby PhotoBob » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:16 am

Yes Rizze, I think that everyone missed the point of the question. The person was not looking for the cheapest way of saving images to their computer or how to save energy on their camera battery, they were looking to shoot an image and instantly show it on their computer screen and a card reader does not do that. The NKRemote not only does what that person wanted to do, but is much cheaper than Nikon's own software and it also lets you set up a photo booth which I have found to be of monetary value while shooting at different events. It allows people to get a few pictures of themselves that they can take home with them at a price.
Producer V5, PS CS6, Lightroom 5, Olympus OMD E-M5
BS Ed Indiana State university, MS Ed Indiana University

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:29 am

I use this feature on my Canon when I take a pictures of the swim team. It allows me to see a much bigger image immediately and check for things like blinks more easily. I don't use it very often, but it is a nice feature. The software came free with the camera and only requires a USB cable, which came with the camera. I would imagine that Nikon is similar.

Regards,
-Vernon

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Nikon Camera Control 2. Period. I take school portraits and have my D80 connected to my laptop using a USB cable. I have the laptop facing so that both I and the subject can see the screen. I take the photo and the image instantly pops up on the laptop screen and saves the image to the laptop Hard Drive. I use a remote cable release so I never really have to look through the viewfinder, just the laptop screen. Card reader is essential, but for portraits or time lapse photography, CC2 can not be beat. ~Al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

crisceci3433

Postby crisceci3433 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:15 am

Thanks alot all the help. nikon camera Control software was my first of option until the price came up. Rizze and photobob thanks for the info i will give it a try.
Thanks

Previous

Return to Photography