Tutorial: Creating Output (Web Show)

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Tutorial: Creating Output (Web Show)

Postby rkligman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:34 pm

The next in my series of tutorials is here. Now that I have a widescreen LCD, I'm viewing my old shows and noticed that they are not perfectly clear like they used to be. That's because the default Producer settings for Share Show and Web Show don't take into account today's resolutions. If you want your shows to be crystal clear in Full Screen mode on the Photodex web sharing site or anywhere using the Presenter viewer, this tutorial is for you.

Although this uses the Producer 4 interface, the concept still applies to Producer 3.x.

Click here to go to the tutorial: Creating Output: Web Show
Rick Insane Diego...

Re: Tutorial: Creating Output (Web Show)

Postby ChrissyC » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:15 pm

Oh my gosh Rick what a great tutorial! and I understood it to!! your tutorial are always so good, I learn so much from them...your going to have a lot of happy people with this tutorial....what about all the shows I already have in my album, should I take them down and make the changes then re upload them? Well duh, of course I should.
THANK YOU Rick! thank you for sharing your experiment!
I need to watch it again.
huggs, Chrissy

mlanders

Postby mlanders » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:25 pm

Hi Rick,

thank you for your tutorial, broght many clearness into my problem here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9814

So, we can say:
The default Web-Output for the Photodex-Share-My-Show-Site has to be changed on the higher default to get the best details.
But not we can do this, this could only be done by Photodex, because we can not change this if we choose:
Upload to Photodex...

Thank you again!!

Michael

Postby ChrissyC » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:28 pm

I think this tutorial should be bumped up so more people can watch it, it really makes a nice difference.
Chrissy

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:39 pm

Rick, excellent tutorial as always.

I noticed you didn't change audio, video, and video clip quality at all, leaving them at medium. I can understand the video part since you weren't dealing with video, but what about the audio? Wouldn't you raise it up to top quality if you were using music?

Another question: Once we've made a web show, can we upload it to the Photodex site or not?

Barbara

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:15 pm

BarbaraC wrote:Another question: Once we've made a web show, can we upload it to the Photodex site or not?

Barbara

Barbara:

The answer is..... YES! Go to your collection at the Photodex site and you'll see that there is an "Upload Content" option in the menu on the left. All you have to do is point to the PX file saved on your hard drive and give the show a name. It takes a bit longer to upload the shows this way, but it does work. Just leave your browser window open until it refreshes with the contents of your collection.

Mike

Postby rkligman » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:06 pm

Thanks all. This show was just focused on the images. I haven't looked at the video side of things yet but if I had video I would certainly kick it up to High or whatever the setting is.

Mike answered the Upload to Photodex. If you want perfect full screen, you have to load it manually. There is no % counter for the upload either so you just have to wait as Mike said.
Rick Insane Diego...

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:16 am

Thank you Mike and Rick. This is most definitely the way I'll be doing it from now on. I had one show in which the photos were tack sharp on my computer, but when I uploaded it to Photodex, I was stunned by the fuzzy edges. I tried a bit of over-sharpening, but it made no difference at all. Now I know why.

Can't wait now to get back into building shows. (Been held up by other major projects.)

Barbara

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:13 pm

I've been playing with this for months now. No mention in the tut that doing this may increase your show file size. I've been fortunate so far not to have this happen, in other words, I used this method on a 30mb show, and after it uploaded it stayed at 30mb. HOWEVER, when I first tried using WebShow a few months ago, that same show ballooned up to 90mb. It trippled in size.
Mike and I discussed this in another topic. But like I said there, I have been able up to now to keep file sizes down and if you were to ask me how I could not tell you. :lol:

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby bonalymac » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:57 am

Very interesting tutorial. Thanks very much

Colin
Colin

Postby saramcd » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Excellent tutorial!! Very informative and helpful. I am carving this into my brain! :D

Esteemed Member

Postby Cliff.Thomas » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:36 am

Thanks so much for sharing this information.

We appreciate all the time you put into these tutorials.

Cliff
Canon 60D, Photoshop CS5, ProShow Producer 7

Return to PSP - Tutorials