Need triple mask

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Need triple mask

Postby ChrissyC » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:16 pm

Hi everyone, I am on Photodex's site, I found a tutorial called Portrait Triple Mask - RESIZING MASKS -Tutorial, it says using the built in masks in Proshow producer. I know where the masks are in media source but I don't see the triple Portrait mask, any ide where I can get it?
thanks, Chrissy

Re: Need triple mask

Postby debngar » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:33 pm

Hi Chrissy,

That is my tutorial and the file I was referring to is actually under the "Borders" folder in the media source. The file specified in the tutorial is "Border_Standard3up.png". Hence why Photodex must have put that file in the Borders folder I suppose.

So you can use it on top as a frame or as a mask by clicking the box to use that layer as a mask and selecting grayscale or alpha transparency channel, etc.

Hope that helps.

Debbie

Postby ChrissyC » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi Debbie, well it would have helped if I looked in the borders folder! This is a really good tutorial, I like the way it looks with a picture behind it in 3 parts! Thank you so much for sharing this and for answering my post :):)
Chrissy

Postby debngar » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:22 pm

The idea behind that wasn't necessarily to make it grow during the slide time but just to show the viewer that unlocking the x and y and increasing the numbers allows you to make it taller (or wider if you like) to fill in the safe area and be able to view more of the photograph.

Debbie

Postby ChrissyC » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:49 pm

Hi Debbie, I used it on a group shot, played with the settings after I unlocked the Y , I just love the effect I got, very happy with the results :)
thank you again, I've been watching all the masking tutorials and just learning a bunch!
Chrissy

Postby sheldonk » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:30 pm

Hi Ladies,

I am interested inviewing this tutorial, but I can't find it. Could you supply me with a link?

Thanks!

Sheldon

Postby debngar » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi Sheldon,

The specific show link is this one:
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=127032

The tutorial album where you may find others of some interest is here:
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalb ... alb=127032

Debbie

Postby Camlork » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:45 am

Hi Debbie

Many thanks for the tutorial link - I really like that effect - sure I'll find a good use for it soon. I spend quite a lot of time on this forum and am always amazed at the number of times just glancing at a new thread turns up someting worthwhile. Makes me realise just how useful Barbara and Beth's new "compilation" will be when it's completed.

Ted

Return to PSP - Tutorials