Small effects collection including "Blur"

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Small effects collection including "Blur"

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:23 am

This is the result of sitting here playing. A number of people have wanted to be able to blur a picture, and I figured out how to do it with a b&w graphic, but so far I haven't managed it well with a full-color photo. You'll find this effect plus a few others I've been playing with: a transparent layer "peeling down" to reveal the next layer, a slot out of which photos drop, a scroll that unrolls to show a photo, and.. I can't remember if there's more. I don't think there is.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8117&alb=0

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: Small effects collection including "Blur"

Postby maxste » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Pretty cool results. The problem I have is that the "Tips" in your video on the Photodex Site are too small for these "not so young eyes" to read. Is there a simple way to enlarge the information so that it's more easily readable? I really like what you've been ableto create and would like to be able to replicate your results.
Thanks;
Steve
maxste@telusplanet.net

Postby trulytango » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:05 am

Hi Barbara

Thumbs up for the fresh ideas... I don't know why I haven't really played with the X and Y axis that much, but seeing your uses in action may change things this end. Also liked the slot/letter box effect. I'm afraid my eyes were a little lazy though, in taking in what was happening with the blur, even at full screen view... although I was trying to check out the brand of your camera:roll:

Thanks for posting

Iris

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:38 am

Maxste, right-click when the video begins and choose "Full screen" from the menu that pops up.

Iris, I made the blur effect very soft and small, mostly out of laziness. If I'd continued on, adding more layers, offsetting each just a little bit more, you would have been able to see it a whole lot better, but I guarantee that it really does work--assuming you're not nearly as lazy as I am. The camera model, by the way, is listed beneath my name! :D

Barbara

Postby maxste » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:43 am

Thanks Barbara;
I can see clearly now!
Steve
maxste@telusplanet.net
Photoshop CS3, Sony A-350, Sony A-100, Sony F707, Fuji F100FD, PSP, Blufftitler, Captions Alive Pro, One One Photo SUite 5

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:40 am

Steve, those right-click menus are wonderful when we remember them, aren't they? But who thinks to right-click while on the Internet? Not I, said the little red hen.

Barbara

Postby debngar » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:29 pm

All those experiments were pretty cool Barbara.

So you don't think the blur effect would work very well with a colored photo? Did you try simple replacements of the image you used with the dog image, say for instance, to see what it looked like?

Another thought that popped into my mind was - what if you tried it with a colored image and two of your offset layers were colorized in red and green? This might give a 3-D look to your image. You know, like when you go to a movie where you have to wear those goofy glasses, one with a red lens and the other with a green lens.

I don't have the time to try it myself but it would be interesting to see how that turns out if you have the notion to try that too and let us see the results of that.

Debbie

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:24 am

Debbie, I tried it with a full-color photo, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work. At one point, I ended up with something similar to mud. The one thing I didn't try and really should have was bringing the image over into Photoshop and working with turning it into a very high-contrast graphic for use as a mask. Doing this in Producer didn't seem to work well at all. As soon as the spirit strikes me, I'll have another go at it because, though we may not want to use a blur effect very often, there are situations when it would be perfect.

As for 3-D, when I was a kid, I totally hated it. Why? Because my eyes are incapable of seeing it, and I've carried a resentment about this on down through the years. :evil: Sometimes I can be very childish.

Barbara

Return to PSP - Tutorials