Simulating a Double Alpha Channel Swipe

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Simulating a Double Alpha Channel Swipe

Postby im42n8 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:38 am

This is an update to my previous Tutorial of the same subject. I've broken the topic into two shows:
"Introduction" (3m 27s) and
"How it's Done" (8m 27s).

In the Introduction I show a Proshow transition that is a simple double alpha channel-like transition. I then show a simple screen wipe (swipe) using a single alpha channel Digital Juice swipe (to contrast the two). Then, I demonstrate several examples of a transition between two images while maintaining a view of each during that transition and using a graphic image/video to (apparently) effect that transition (similar to a screen wipe).

In the How it's Done section, I show a transition/wipe that duplicates the Double Alpha Channel Swipe and then show how the effect was created. Finally, I show how to utilize a Digital Juice Double Alpha Channel Swipe in Producer.

I tried to make this tutorial easier to read, use, and understand than I felt was the case with the previous version.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=135843
—[ REVISED VERSION 1a ]—

Dale
Last edited by im42n8 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Esteemed Member

Re: Simulating a Double Alpha Channel Swipe

Postby Jim Adams » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:52 am

Dale,

Very interesting and definitely a head scratcher. But I, like you, am fond of channels, masks and selections so I will be going back to your tutorial to get the concept. I'm gonna check out the rest of your stuff as well. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Jim

Postby tm-hranch » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:18 pm

Dale,
I have some DJ products that I'm just getting the hang of using. I appreciate the tutorial and will come back to it again.
Theresa

Postby im42n8 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:16 pm

Jim and Theresa,

Thanx! It's nice to add some extra zing to a show without having to necessarily buy that zing. A little creativity goes a long way sometimes!

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Dale

Return to PSP - Tutorials