Question abaut adding video

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
aloha

Question abaut adding video

Postby aloha » Wed May 28, 2008 8:51 am

Hello all !
Im new here and tryed to find forum like this with google,and,success :D

Ok,this is what i sent to Photodex via e-mail and still have no response.
How can i add a video to show,so it will continue playing till the
slide
i want (like : slide 2 = video starts play till slide 25) ? I mean,i
cudnt make it that my video will continue playing when another slide
shows up.I tryed whole day :( and watched tutorials,but im not english
speaking so it didnt help much...a step-by-step tutorial wud be really
nice,or point me to the tutorial where it is explined.

Thanks.

If here is tutorial for this already,please point me to this :)

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Question abaut adding video

Postby briancbb » Wed May 28, 2008 11:26 am

aloha, welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

I am assuming you want a video to run and for pictures to appear and fade out one at a time above the video.

This might not be much of a tutorial, but to me the easiest way is to do it in one slide and use keyframes. Make the video the lower layer and add your pictures layer by layer above the video.

For the first picture (the layer above the video) set the KF's as follows and the opacity (on the effects menu).
KF1 0 secs opacity 0%
KF2 1 secs opacity 0%
KF3 2 secs opacity 100% (this fades the first picture in between 1 and 2 secs)
KF4 5 secs opacity 100% (this holds the picture in view for 3 secs)
KF5 6 secs opacity 0% (this fades out picture 1)
KF6 max secs opacity 0% (ensures picture is not seen again during slide time)

For the second picture, the next layer up (select it in the layers menu) set the KF's as follows in the 'effects' tab.
KF1 0 secs opacity 0%
KF2 5 secs opacity 0% (this layer icannot be seen while picture 1 is showing)
KF3 6 secs opacity 100% (fades picture 2 in while picture 1 is disappearing)
KF4 9 secs opacity 100% (holds picture 2 in view for 3 secs)
KF5 10 secs opacity 0% (fades picture 2)
KY6 max secs opacity 0%

For the next picture they will be:
KF1 0 secs opacity 0%
KF2 9 secs opacity 0%
KF3 10 secs opacity 100%
KF4 13 secs opacity 100%
KY5 14 secs opacity 0%
KF6 Max secs opacity 0%

The above would give a video running in the background, picture one fading in for 1 sec, holding for 3 sec and fading out for 1 sec and at this time picture 2 will fade in.

You will probably also have to change the zoom level to say 50% (on the motions tab) for all the pictures so that the video can still be seen at the edges.

Hope this gives you some indication on how I would do it. There may be many other ways.
I am soon going on holiday, so I hope if you have any questions someone else will be able to answer them.

Hope i left nothing out, or wrong, while I was doing this.

By playing with the timings and the amount of opacity many effects can be achieved.

Brian
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby nannybear » Wed May 28, 2008 2:06 pm

What Brian says is correct. You can only have a video playing on one slide. It won't play if you put it in the background. Try his method and let us know how you make out. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

aloha

Postby aloha » Thu May 29, 2008 3:07 am

briancbb - thanks,but im still confused :P
I used a template like on images i will add :

Well,as nannybear have said i cant prolly have this,but,isnt it abaut playing with copy things ?
Like here :

If its not correct again (with copy things) then i need a bit more light for what briancbb write here ...i must play with Layers ?

Well im pretty confused atm but i bealive its easy enoff,im not first time user for this soft but layers make me confused lol.I bealive im in wrong place again :

Well...its abaut how any picture will be shown in 1 slide and how long it will be shown before next will appear,and video is shown all the time ?...need to add abaut 50 pictures :P

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu May 29, 2008 3:32 am

Aloha,
I can barely see your posted pictures, but from the last picture it looks like you are in the wrong tab. To do what Brian has suggested with the key frames, you need to be located on the MOTION tab. From there you should be able to make the adjustment.

Also, as a learning tool, I would suggest that you start out simple. Just as Brian has layed out. I would start with a video clip and two pictures. Once I was able to key frame them as Brian has suggested, then I would move on to the more complex solution you are looking for.

HTH,
-Vernon

aloha

Postby aloha » Thu May 29, 2008 4:44 am

VernonRobinson wrote:Aloha,
I can barely see your posted pictures

They are posted as thumbanils,linked images - working well here with IE7.

aloha

Postby aloha » Thu May 29, 2008 7:08 am

I figured it out i think :D
When adding video to your first slide,you haveto play with TRIM VIDEO tool , cut and paste every episode in every slide so it will play till the end and is visible on every slide.You must add this video into every slide and cut next line into it and so on.I tested with 10 sec lines and it did work well,but i have some sound problems,prolly cuz i made something wrong a bit,but its fixable..i think it was timing.And also photos can be added after this.Again,used this template i have posted in images.

I think im on right way but never knows :D

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu May 29, 2008 8:16 pm

Aloha,
That is the hard way to do it. Plus if you do not cut exactly, you are likely to get popping noises in the audio along with jumpiness in the video.

The real solution is to

1. Add the video to the slide.
2. Hold the CTRL key and add the picture to the same slide.
3. Go to the Motion Tab and adjust the key frame to adjust the time that each picture starts and also to reduce the size.

I can not recommend the path that you have chosen. It is difficult to pull off and eventually you will need to learn how to key frame if you want to unlock the power of producer.

There are lots of tutorials on basic keyframing available. Just do a quick search on the forum. You will be glad that you did. Honestly.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby im42n8 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:44 pm

Aloha,

Adding video in the way you described can significantly bloat your show in VERY LITTLE time (disk space, memory, execution time, etc). Editing can become a nightmare as any change in timing cascades down the slide chain ... an especially problematic thing when you're trying to do some timing to the music with something in the video or slide or layer.

You want to use videos sparingly in your shows ... it's not just a problem with loading the show on-line -- it can impact the available space on your DVD (esp if you provide your images with the show) -- even if it's a DL disk.

You may want to consider other less space intensive means to get an equivalent or appropriate background for your slides.

Dale

aloha

Postby aloha » Thu May 29, 2008 11:48 pm

Well,yeah...it wont go like i tryed,its not possible to add :(
But i made it with keyframes and layers atm.Now its just abaut tuning/cosmetic.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat May 31, 2008 11:26 am

aloha wrote:Well,yeah...it wont go like i tryed,its not possible to add :(
But i made it with keyframes and layers atm.Now its just abaut tuning/cosmetic.

Congratulations. Looking forward to your completed show. What was the item that turned on the light bulb for you? Lots of people struggle with key framing.

-Vernon

Return to PSP - Tutorials