How to add sparkles in presentation?

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
masai_chadi

How to add sparkles in presentation?

Postby masai_chadi » Sun May 04, 2008 9:24 am

Hi All

I am new around here and with Proshow Producer 3.

Recently, we had a family vacation to Disneyland and San Diego. I am in the process of creating a slideshow in PP3, and would like to add sparkles like in this slideshow (just over 1 minute into the presentation where the bride is being worn with tiara) http://www.photodex.com/sharing/spotlight/demoshows_movingpictures.html

How do I do this? Thank you.

Masai
Last edited by masai_chadi on Sun May 04, 2008 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun May 04, 2008 9:31 am

Hi Masai

Welcome to the forum.

Jennifer is an active member of this forum under the name 'Vidqueen', as you can see by her show she is THE vidqueen. Although she has posted not long ago, she has said she is very busy at present, so you may wait a bit for her to reply.

In the meantime, I think the sparkles were produced in a program called 'Particle Illusion'. This program is great at producing such effects.

The sparkles were made in Particle Illusion and the roses were a layer revealed by a mask, (at least that is the way I would do it).

Brian

Postby cherub » Sun May 04, 2008 9:47 am

masai_chadi,

What you gave is a general link to spotlighted shows at Photodex.
It would be easier for us if you could give a direct link to the show you refer to.
Start viewing the show, look at the link in your browser, copy it, and paste it here.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun May 04, 2008 10:54 am

cherub

It's Jennifer's spotlight show on that linked page. For some reason the show has the same URL as the page it is on :?
It did link to the Spotlight show three hours ago :?

Brian

masai_chadi

Postby masai_chadi » Sun May 04, 2008 11:15 am

Strangely, the link did work when I tested it with preview. And as Brian pointed out it did work for him as well. Anyway, I just edited the link and tried it again - it works for me.

Brian, thanks for the suggestion for the sparkles. I will give that a shot.

Postby cherub » Sun May 04, 2008 11:38 am

Yes, it does work for me now too. Strange !

Anyway, to answer your question, Jennifer Weeks has a wonderful site here:
http://www.choicebackgrounds.com/store/index.asp

You can purchase the whole template to that show and all the goodies in it, including the sparkles, the videos, and all the other effects.

masai_chadi

Postby masai_chadi » Sun May 04, 2008 12:21 pm

Perfect - just what I was looking for. Thank you. :D

Rik 101

More sparkle effects

Postby Rik 101 » Thu May 08, 2008 4:59 pm

Hi, Check out these links

http://www.visisketchpro.com/ProShowStuff.html (direct links below)

There's two demo shows from Dave Fitzpatrick here which are very cool.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2970561&alb=0

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2969911&alb=0

He is one VERY :!: talented man. The Dynamic masking tutorial is enought to convince me to buy Visisketch Pro let alone what else that program can do.

Regards Rick

Re: How to add sparkles in presentation?

Postby VidQueen » Wed May 14, 2008 5:11 am

......*GASP*.....coming up for air......

Ok, I am going to be working directly with Captian Dave (Fitz) to create a Sparkles background that will work direclty with VisiSketch Pro. The combination of the two should provide the users an amazing amount of flexibility to create a splash of sparkles wherever they want!

......coming soon!

.....ok....going back under for awhile......*GASP*!!

Jennifer

Re:

Postby VidQueen » Wed May 14, 2008 5:14 am

briancbb wrote:In the meantime, I think the sparkles were produced in a program called 'Particle Illusion'. This program is great at producing such effects.

The sparkles were made in Particle Illusion and the roses were a layer revealed by a mask, (at least that is the way I would do it).

Brian

Quick "HIYA" to Brian!!!!

That whole little flower/sparkles thingy was created in Adobe After Effects. I live in that program more than any other....it's my alter-ego :twisted:

Going bye-bye again!!! :cry:

Jennifer

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Wed May 14, 2008 11:40 am

Aahhhh!, Adobe After Effects :roll: I'm really struggling with that program - I'm getting nowhere, and it's taking a long time. However I can get the 'sparkles' in Particle Illusion :D

Thanks Jennifer, I'll have to go back to After Effects and try and master a little bit more. I wish there were 48 hours in a day.

Brian
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby VidQueen » Wed May 14, 2008 12:12 pm

briancbb wrote:Aahhhh!, Adobe After Effects :roll: I'm really struggling with that program - I'm getting nowhere, and it's taking a long time.
Brian

Well, give yourself a little break when it comes to After Effects. It took me five years to master that program! And I wasn't self taught...I would imagine learning a program like that without training is like trying to get a pilot's licence by teaching yourself how to fly an airplane...not easy!!

And the sparkles are done with a plug in called Trapcode Particular :)

Cheers to all!
Jen

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Wed May 14, 2008 2:16 pm

Thanks Jennifer, so it needs a plug-in as well :roll:

I think I will let it rest for now. After Effects is not really my software and I have to borrow a laptop with it on so that I can have a play.

I needed Photoshop, so have that. For the occasional use of video I borrow the laptop which has Premiere, but also has AF on it.

Brian
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby rovaval » Wed May 14, 2008 2:24 pm

Hi Jennifer,

Can you explain me in what format I have to render the composition in After Effects to achieve alpha and how do you implement the video (avi?) in Proshow Producer.

Postby VidQueen » Wed May 14, 2008 4:19 pm

rovaval wrote:Hi Jennifer,

Can you explain me in what format I have to render the composition in After Effects to achieve alpha and how do you implement the video (avi?) in Proshow Producer.

Well, there are two different answers to that question; mainly because Producer doesn't support alpha channels in video files, so if you are rendering them for your own use in Producer, you would have to render them separately instead of embedding the Alpha Channel.

Ok, having said that...here goes:

Fully uncompressed AVIs support alpha channels, but they are HUGE. I haven't found a compression for AVI that supports Alpha that is small enough for people to download. Uncompressed MOV as well as a PNG compressed MOV also has an embedded alpha.

To use these in producer you'll need two files; 1. Your video file (with or without alpha, it doesn't really matter because Producer can't read them anyway) 2. Then you'll need to render an Alpha Only video file of your animation. You can do this with either MOV or AVI (there is a setting in the Render window to choose output options).

In Producer you'll have your photo image on the very bottom (layer 3), the color video layer ontop of that (Layer 2) and the Alpha Only video file on top (Layer 1) with the This Layer Is A Mask checked. Only your other video is inside the mask, your bottom layer is outside the mask.

I have an Alpha Mask Tutorial Herethat you also might find useful.

Ta Ta!

Jennifer

Next

Return to PSP - Tutorials