help me please

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

help me please

Postby lpaga » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:49 am

I have a couple of questions, Where and how do i get templets for proshow producer (eg. puzzle pieces), and how do i create a mask in photoshop?
thanks

Postby sheldonk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:26 am

I believe the template for puzzle pieces is over in the psproducer group on yahoo. You have to sign up to be a member first.

As for making masks, can you tell us what you are trying to do?

Sheldon

PS Welcome to the forum!!

Re: help me please

Postby im42n8 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:49 am

Check out the member created files on this site.

There is the psproducer and prosohowgroup user groups on the Yahoo Groups site. Look in the files section on those sites.

wrt masks ... a mask can be anything. Simply put, draw a black circle on a white background and save it. You now have a file setup for being used as a mask.

To answer the question of creating a mask in Photoshop, the most direct answer is to click on quickmask or create a layer mask. Voila! You've created a mask.

You may want to get a book on how to use photoshop features... Classroom in a Book is an excellent start. It'll cover much of what you need to know about Photoshop. Excellent stuff!

Dale

masks

Postby lpaga » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:50 am

I am in the process of putting together a 180 slide presentation from my trip to Florida. and i've looking at some shows using masks, to make my show look alot better. I have producer and photoshop elements how easy would it be to create a mask???

Re: masks

Postby im42n8 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:21 am

If you're familiar with masks already ... no problem. Otherwise, you may want to pass on the masks until you get a handle on the basics of using masks. If you have plenty of time, then start with the simple masks, and slowly incorporate them into your show. As you get better with masks you can get more complex. Don't bite off more that you can chew and try something complicated too soon. You'll only get frustrated and will be wasting time.

It'll depend on what you want to do with your mask that is the queston. For instance, if you want to zoom in on your portrait image while keeping the overall size of the apparent image within the safe zone, a simple mask is needed. Review my tutorials (Comprehensive masks introduction and Working with Masks) in the tutorials section. The latter tutorial tells you how to do the portrait mask. You don't need PSE for simple masks ... just PSP.

Good luck

Dale

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:38 am

There are a number of masks in 'Program Files\Photodex\ProShowProducer\content\Masks', where you installed the program.

Brian

Return to PSP - Tutorials