MASKING: A Comprehensive Basic Tutorial (for v3.x to 4.x)

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Postby sheldonk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:43 pm

I can't wait to watch this on the train ride home!

Thanks so much!!!

Postby newtcruiser » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:57 pm

Thanks so much Dale. . . . you have just MADE my day!

Linda :lol:

Postby cherub » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:16 pm

Wonderful tutorial Dale!
I am one of those who used masks without understanding anything. I just tried all sorts of things, until I got the result I wanted.
Thank you so much for putting order into things, and for providing the explanations to the why.
Would it be possible to have a written form of the conclusions?
I mean, it it's not too much to ask, could you somehow write the Conclusions chapter in Word, in a simpler version, without the colorful graphics, so that we may print this out and have it in front of our eyes at all times?
Much obliged to you for this.

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:30 pm

Dale,
Thank you for taking your time and composing this. I have a very rudimentary knowledge of masking and this will help immensely...thanks again!!!
Don

Postby im42n8 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:40 am

Mona,

I've placed a copy in PDF format on the Proshow and PSProducer group files sections. I've also sent a copy to the moderator, Mike, for placement in the Member Created Files section (so it should be available there shortly!). It's a rewrite of the conclusions portion of my masking tutorial to fit on a single page. I figure everyone will have access to a PDF reader if they don't already have one.

Hope this helps!! :0)

Dale

Esteemed Member

PDF

Postby mikemullett » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:28 am

Hi Dale

I've placed a copy in PDF format on the Proshow and PSProducer group files sections

Good request Mona, "ask and you will receive" - What service
Found it, saved it, printed it :D
Many thanks you for you efforts

...Mike
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Postby cherub » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:34 am

Dale, this is awesome!
I collected it from the yahoo forum. Thank you so much, Dale.

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:12 am

Dale, where is the PDF? It isn't in member files. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Barbara

Postby im42n8 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:10 am

Barbara

My guess is that Mike hasn't had time to put it there yet. It's in the other two forums' files folder (root) tho.

Dale

Postby sheldonk » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:48 am

Hi Everyone,

I believe Mike is on vacation. I sent him a picture to use as my Avatar and he said he is on vacation until the 18th.
Last edited by sheldonk on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jeanc » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:00 pm

Dale, thanks so much for all your time and effort and putting this together and sharing with us. I have done the same as others in just trying this and that until it worked or didn't work for me. Taking much too much time and effort. You have made it so much easier on me.

Thanks a 'mil!!

Smiles,
Jean

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:39 pm

im42n8 wrote:It's in the other two forums' files folder (root) tho.

Dale, I was sent the file by a kind person, but in any case, what other two forums are there? I know about the Yahoo group (which I can't join because Yahoo won't allow a two-dot email address like mine), but what's the third forum?

Barbara

Postby im42n8 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:46 pm

It's also a Yahoo group (bummer about the double-dot limitation. Does Yahoo allow forwarding? ... or does that run intot the double-dot address problem again?!

Yahoo has the original Proshow forum and then PSProducers forum

The PDF I sent out is a quick and dirty one ... I'm working on a revision (in my spare few moments) to make it more readable/informative than the current format used (which is mostly a cut and paste copy version of what's in the show).

When I have access to a real word processor and a little time to make the revisions electronically, I'll be submitting that as a replacement for the one that's out there. Probably late tonight (after I get off work!)

Dale

Postby im42n8 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:49 pm

Thanx! I appreciate that Jean. It's always nice to hear you've made a difference or that someone appreciates your efforts! I'm glad it helped.

Dale

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:30 pm

im42n8 wrote:It's also a Yahoo group (bummer about the double-dot limitation. Does Yahoo allow forwarding? ... or does that run intot the double-dot address problem again?!

I could probably sign up for Yahoo email or Gmail, but I refuse to jump through unnecessary hoops.

...working on a revision (in my spare few moments) to make it more readable/informative

I already revised your current version, turning it into quick notes like the ones I always use, but I doubt anyone would understand what I wrote. Maybe next week, I won't understand it either.

Barbara

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Tutorials