Fade in Fade out tutorial and transitions

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
Valued Member

Fade in Fade out tutorial and transitions

Postby noddie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:39 pm

:D
Hi I am trying to add a transition in the middle of keyframing. Not too good with keyframing yet.
What I would like to do (easily) is add a keyframe to a slide and have the roll transition on the slide so it begins at the top of
the photo and rolls over to the bottom. I cannot get the 'Fade in Fade out tutorial to open. It just keeps buffering.
Where in the 'slide options' do I add the 'Roll Transition' and how. I know how to add it between slides but not
how to add the effect between Keyframes. :?
Thanks heaps
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand
Land of the Long white cloud

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:44 am

You can't place a transition in between keyframes. Instead, you'd have to accomplish this by using two identical slides so the transition then appears to occur in the middle.

Barbara

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:50 pm

Hi Barbara
Ta for that, I shall give it a go.
Regards
:lol:
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Postby debngar » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:11 pm

Maybe you are trying to add a transition in the middle of a SLIDE time and have an image appear in the middle of that slide on a layer? You can do that. I think you may be confusing your words perhaps?

If you slide your kf1 to the right a bit and THEN choose a transition you can have it different than the actual slide transition.

Does this sound like what you are talking about? If you have 3 key frames, you cannot have a transition for kf2.

How many key frames do you have in your slide for the image you are referring to?

If you only have 2, then move k1 to the right a bit and kf2 to the left a bit and select different in and out transitions for those keyframes on that layer. You will have to move your cursor over the shaded key frame transition box to choose the transtion for that kf1 or the LAST key frame in your slide if you want it different than the regular slide transition.

It's confusing, I know. Some things are hard to describe. This one, I'm not doing so good I think.

Debbie

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:45 am

Debbie is giving you an alternative, but I think she'd agree with me that your best bet is to choose the simpler method over the more difficult one unless the simple method (2 slides with a transition in between) doesn't do what you've envisioned. I can't think of which transition is a "roll" transition, but I'm pretty sure you must mean one that comes canned with the software. If I'm wrong about this, let us know, and maybe we can help you accomplish what you want.

(Do you have a router? If so, you may need to clear it by unplugging it for about half a minute. This should fix the eternal buffering problem.)

Barbara

Barbara,

Postby debngar » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:48 am

Yes, I do agree with you. There are times I just do things over two slides and not complicate things by trying to put it all into one. You're quite right about that. In fact, sometimes the less things going on in one slide, the less bogged down it seems to get for me. But then maybe that's just my computer.

I was just trying to clarify what it was Noddie wanted to accomplish and think there might be some kind of mix-up of terms.

But it would suffice to do this over two slides if we are rightly interpreting the desired effect.

To see an example in another show might be helpful.

Debbie

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:37 pm

Thankyou both for your wonderful input.
I finally managed the effect with 1 slide on a background and 1 keyframe and it worked
after some thought. I did not realise you needed to slide the transition across to change the transition. I am using
the rolling wave one. It gives a lovely effect. That is where I was coming unstuck.
I cannot thank this group enough for the wonderful help and all the other little bits in between.
Regards
Gwen

:P
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Return to PSP - Tutorials