Opening Curtain Tutorial

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
Site Admin

Opening Curtain Tutorial

Postby MG - Admin » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:11 pm

The following was submitted by Jeffery for others to use to learn how to create the curtain effect for shows:

Below you will find a link to a very simple tutorial on how to make the opening curtain effect in Proshow Producer. It is one that I give my students on their very first lesson with me in college. It is a way that they can get right in at the start, and be able to produce something. So what I’m saying it is aimed at the VERY BEGINNER in Producer.

Click the following link to view the tutorial: Opening Curtain Tutorial

The written tutorial (PDF format) to go with this can be downloaded here so you can work along with me.

Here is a short show demonstrating the effect: Demo show with curtain effect

Jeffery

Any questions or comments should be directed to Jeffery.

Postby HunnyB » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:09 pm

I think you did a great job Jeffery!!! I especially like the notes in PDF.
That is a great idea. It is hard for the learner to write down instructions from a video.
I should know. So many times I go to my notes and have NO idea what most of it means....LOL.

Now, I wish you would learn the "swipes" from Digital Juice" and send me the instructions.
That alpha stuff is confusing to me :D

Anyway, I appreciate you. Oh, and never assume your readers are "newbies" to Producer.
There are so many things I still have not mastered. I am always looking at the tuts on here.
Keep up the good work. So glad to have you aboard. Can't wait for you to add your picture as your avatar. :wink:

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Jeffery » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:40 pm

HunnyB, that was wonderful,

To get a comment like that really made my day start off with a spring in my step. Thank you. If you have a chance, please pass the message on to your friends. So I can get some feed-back from them...

My Avatar, is there, only it appears to not be working at times, and the date is 26 Nov.2007 for everyone! I don’t know if Mike knows?.... thanks again.

Will talk again very soon, with kind regards

Jeffery Monday December 10, 2007
7.40am

Postby dcbyrne » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:18 am

Hello Jeffery,
Very nice tutorial, I agree with HunnyB, great idea to use the PDF. When HunnyB asked for your avatar she is not refering to your Duck (woodpecker). I think she is asking about a photograph of yourself. Most members on this forum use a picture of themself as an avatar. Not all but most..

Douglas

Postby Camlork » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:19 am

Hi Jeffery

A most enjoyble tutorial - clear, concise and easy to follow.

Thanks

Ted

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Jeffery » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:54 pm

Thank you for that Ted, it’s always nice to get some feed back. Have a wonderful Christmas, and a fabulous New Year

Jeffery

Honorary ProShow PHD

Learning

Postby Penny47 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:31 am

Thank you for this Jeffery. I must agree with HunnyB and say that the PDF was great to use.
I always prefer to read how to do things. I find I can not write fast enough for watching a Tutorial.

thanks again.

Penny

Manuel213

Curtain PDF

Postby Manuel213 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:32 pm

I am VERY new to Proshow Gold/Producer (just installed it today) don't have much background at all in editing images, The directions were off just a little on which photos go first to 2nd slide. But the main concept allowed me to figure it out. Thanks!!! PDF instructions are GREAT!!

classieladydi

Tank you thank you thank you

Postby classieladydi » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:05 am

I am sooooooooooooo new to producer and just started with Gold last year... I am so amazed at the power of this program. Now if i only knew what I was doing. I have been looking for any tutorials pro and stumbled on this site and became a member. Thank you so much, all of you. I am not a photographer yet lol. But i got a Canon Rebal XTI for christmas last year and am still learning to use that. I made a few slide shows for famiy and fell in love....I have been looking forever it seems on how they did that ( opening curtains)... I went to your tutorial and did every step in what 5 min. Wow.....BINGO I got my self an open curtain....And you made it so easy Jeff.......I am so inspired to learn more. I watched most of your slideshows and I'm thinking, Dam.....How talented you all are. Thank you so much Jeff... I found a new home.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Jeffery » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:29 am

Hello
Thank you to all of you that have viewed my first Tutorial, and for taking the time to comment. That has been an inspiration to me to produce more. Over the next few days I will be posting my tutorial No.. 2 (Popping Colour), please have a look and tell me just what you think. Is there a tutorial that you would like me to make?... think about it.

With Kind regards

Jeffery
22 January 2008

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius Chinese philosopher (551 BC - 479 BC)

Return to PSP - Tutorials