"Composite Image Possibilities" (Masking)

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:57 am

Hi Debbie,
Have been away from this forum for several weeks, and now that I am back, I am regretting it. I cannot afford the time but I cannot stay away not trying the free and excellent advice. As they say. a peek is worth a thousand words.
Now all I need is time.
Thanks
pd

Pd

Postby debngar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:20 am

This is also why I try to keep my tutorials short. I think everyone has time to watch something that's under 3 minutes.

The info in them is not comprehensive. I assume the viewer has some basic grasp of Producer and where to find the features. This is to save time for the viewer to get to the meat of how to achieve the effect.

There are other very fine tutorials that provide more detail as Rick's tutorials he has kindly posted to the forum.

Thanks for watching and hopefully you might get some free time to play soon!

Cheers,

Debbie

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Jeffery » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:08 pm

Hello Debbie

Thanks for that. I’m going to try it when I get a moment. I do enjoy your shows they are always so helpful.

With Kind regards

Jeffery
16 January 2008

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius Chinese philosopher (551 BC - 479 BC)

Postby Jerry Cole » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:35 pm

Debbie,
Belated thanks for your tut on gradient masks. I just changed from Gold to Producer and now I have a whole new learning curve to go through. I don't have a specific application for it now, but you tut helped me play/learn.
Thanks again,
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Postby Carolynw » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:40 am

Thanks for the great tut Debbie. I think even I, being very new to Producer, can copy the effect. I offered to convert a friends wedding snaps into a show so can see a great use for this effect on that.
Carolyn

Postby debngar » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:11 pm

Carolyn and Jerry,

Glad this one is easy for you to understand. Now that you're using Producer, if you want to peek in the rest of my tutorial album I think I have about 16 in there to watch. Most are quite short. I made them as I was able to grasp concepts along the way this last year as I began using Producer. So if you sort by date and details, the earliest one will be listed at the top. As time progressed, they may have become a little more complicated. Take one feature and play with that for a while and then add another and another as time goes by.

Debbie

Postby Jerry Cole » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:40 pm

Debbie,
Thanks for the additional heads up on your Tuts. I will definitely take them to heart. I enjoyed Gold very much, and I am hoping my experience with Producer will be just that much better.
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Postby Carolynw » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:23 am

Hi Debbie
I actually discovered your great tut shows some time back and a link to your tutorial album has been in my favourites list for a while but it is always nice to know when you add a new show.

Carolyn

Proshownathan

Re: "Composite Image Possibilities" 1:10 min

Postby Proshownathan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:53 am

Tremendous tutorial..

Re: "Composite Image Possibilities" 1:10 min

Postby debngar » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:18 am

by Proshownathan on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:53 am
Tremendous tutorial..

Thank you. :D

I think the hardest part of making a mask work well in each case is the necessary, individual tweaking/editing of the gray and white areas of that mask layer by fiddling with those color arrows, tugging on them toward the center of that color line. The secret to getting it to work and look nice is to NEVER have ANY portion of that gray gradient area extend to the edge of the image you are masking. Study and notice that the black area of the mask doesn't really even cover over the entire image it's masking. But you still cannot see anything of the masked image (layer 2) past the white and gray parts in the mask (Layer 1).
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Previous

Return to PSP - Tutorials