New Fading Tutorial

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
cfeather

Autographed portraits

Postby cfeather » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:41 am

Any chance you'll be selling autographed 8X10s of that great shot of you? Or how about a DVD of all your tutorials with a big picture of you on the cover?

Great eyes!

Postby Jerry Cole » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:19 pm

I'm still working in Gold, but storing up all your tips for when I go to producer. These fades will be extremely useful.

Jeepers, Creepers ... where'd you get those eyes? wow!

Thanks,
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Postby VidQueen » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:26 pm

Thanks for the compliments, guys :oops: (that's supposed to be an "embarrassed" smiley, but all they have is "oops"!)

I really enjoy creating those tutorials and I'm really glad some people find them helpful!

Jennifer

huynhtran

Postby huynhtran » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:14 pm

Whow it may concern
I am every interesting tutorials fade in and fade out.
If you don't mind show me the begining step of the fade in and fade out show?

Sincerely
Vo

Postby ozmoto » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:28 pm

Jennifer

Have enjoyed all your tutorials! Thanks!

Craig :D

Old and slow

Postby hiloduffer35 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:26 pm

Jennifer, Thanks oodles for the Fade In-Fade Out tutorial, but you CLICK SO FAST!!! I know - I'm old and slow, but I didn't follow all of it and I've watched it 4 times. Could you please slow down for us old folk? Meanwhile, again, thanks.
Elizabeth :(

P.S.

Postby hiloduffer35 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:28 pm

P.S. I have grandkids older than you! Thanks for helping everyone w/your fabulous shows and tutorials.
Elizabeth

Re: New Fading Tutorial

Postby kayeb » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for posting this tutorial. I am new to creating shows with Producer and I have a few questions. On this Fade In/Fade Out Tutorial, the four pictures that are in your layers look to me like they are on a transparent background. Am I correct? If so, I assume you did this in a photo editing program. I have Paint Shop Pro X2 and Photoshop Elements 5 and I cannot figure out how to create the picture. I keep trying but not the right results. What I am trying to do is create the pictures like you did in this tutorial with a border. Also, I have seen shows where there is a background with what appears like a layer on top that usually has an interesting portion of the background that is zoomed in with a border and then they fade it out. I'm wondering if this is a mask. If so, how is that created? One last question, I have the tutorial videos from ProShow. In the Masking Exposed, I believe it is Video 1 Chapter 3 where you are showing how to create a frame in the photo editing program. You show how to move the line from the ruler to get your center point and how it will snap in place. I have been trying that in Photoshop Elements 5 and I cannot get the line to move off the ruler. I clicked on the ruler and dragged but nothing happened. Any suggestions? Sorry I have written a book but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Paint Shop Pro X7, Canon 70D, Panasonic DMCTZ5

Postby VidQueen » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:05 pm

kb433 wrote:Hi Jennifer,

On this Fade In/Fade Out Tutorial, the four pictures that are in your layers look to me like they are on a transparent background. Am I correct?

Also, I have seen shows where there is a background with what appears like a layer on top that usually has an interesting portion of the background that is zoomed in with a border and then they fade it out. I'm wondering if this is a mask. If so, how is that created?

One last question, I have the tutorial videos from ProShow. In the Masking Exposed, I believe it is Video 1 Chapter 3 where you are showing how to create a frame in the photo editing program. You show how to move the line from the ruler to get your center point and how it will snap in place. I have been trying that in Photoshop Elements 5 and I cannot get the line to move off the ruler. I clicked on the ruler and dragged but nothing happened. Any suggestions? Sorry I have written a book but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wow...I'm late in answering this one!
First Question: All the photos are just plain ol' JPEGs. They are at 70% scale with an outline. No photoshop needed!

Second Question: I'm not sure exactly what you were describing, but it does sound like a video mask or Alpha Mask. If you had a video file from, say, Digital Juice, Digital Hotcakes or myself, you should also find an Alpha Only file that you would put on top of the colored video file and then select it as a mask. That will allow you to see "Through" the black part of the video to your layer beneath.

Last Question: I think someone else asked me that question, too and I can't answer it...I don't have Elements so I don't know which Photoshop features weren't included in it. The Snap to Center/Grid may only be in the full version of Photoshop. Dale G could answer that one, I'm sure!

Sorry so late in responding!!

Jennifer

Postby kayeb » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:38 pm

Thanks Jennifer. This really is a great site and everyone has been so nice and helpful. I guess I am trying to do complicated slides right out of the gate instead of learning to crawl before I walk. Your videos have really helped and I watch them over and over when I'm not sure how to do an effect.

Kaye
Paint Shop Pro X7, Canon 70D, Panasonic DMCTZ5

Postby lanita33 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:49 pm

Wonderful tutorial. Thank you for taking the time to do it.

Previous

Return to PSP - Tutorials