Switch to full style
Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
Post a reply

Gluing text to an image

Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:41 am

A few days ago when I had to match text motion to the motion of an image, and I was able to do it in less than a minute, it occurred to me that not everyone is completely tuned into Producer's ability to convert a layer from one type into another, so I created a tutorial for doing it. It takes far longer to read the tutorial that it does to actually accomplish the feat:

Glue Text to Image in a Heartbeat

Anyone remember the good old days when captions were a consistent pain in the rear? :D

Barbara

Re: Gluing text to an image

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:00 am

You are so clever!
thanks
Forrest

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:17 am

I'm always looking for the fastest (laziest) way to get things done. If I had to choose a favorite addition to ProShow, convert layer would be it because it feeds perfectly into my lazy streak. Clever = Lazy.

Barbara

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:03 am

Lovely to see you back. Thanks for this tut. I agree - so clever!

Rosemary

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:28 am

Rosemary, you're totally welcome.

Yes, a long stretch of back problems certainly curbed my enthusiasm. :( However, it's all good once again. :D

Barbara

Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:35 am

Hello,
Many thanks for sharing this tutorial. Best regards. quetzal :D

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:24 am

quetzal wrote:Hello,
Many thanks for sharing this tutorial. Best regards. quetzal :D

You're entirely welcome!

Barbara

Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:57 am

I just found this yesterday and it works great. It will come in handy repeatedly in the future. Thanks for all your help over the years. I always pay attention to your comments and advice.
David

Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:54 am

Better late than never! :D

Barbara

Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:51 am

Being a fellow "look for the easiest way", I always just added the text to the image in Photoshop if I wanted them locked together :-) (if I wanted the text to "fade in" part way through, just used two copies of the same image - one with the text and one without :D )

mikey

Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:46 am

It wouldn't work for creating slide styles to use in multiple shows. After all, slide styles are manna to us lazy folk.

Barbara

Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:42 pm

BarbaraC wrote:It wouldn't work for creating slide styles to use in multiple shows. After all, slide styles are manna to us lazy folk.

Barbara

Very true. I was just thinking of getting text to stay put on an image that was moving in some way, shape or form, but as you say, for styles, a different game :D

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:25 am

I appreciate the useful tutorial, Barbara, but I'm having a little difficulty. When I create the duplicate slide and convert it to text, the text (white that I've chosen) is on a ~50% opake black background. The background is at 80% of full screen zoom and it moves around with the text so that the photos behind it have a shadow cast on them. Hope this makes sense. I cannot get rid of the 50% opake background unless I convert the layer to an inverted grayscale mask. Then the text turns black.
Have I missed a step?

Thanks,
[another] Dale

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:17 am

Where did the 50% opaque background come from? Did you give the text a drop shadow? If so, and that's what you want to be rid of, just go into the settings tab for text and uncheck the shadow.

Why are you duplicating a slide? Or do you mean a duplicated layer?

If I've thoroughly misunderstood, maybe you could post a screenshot of what it looks like.

Barbara

Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:42 am

The 50% opaque background was created once I a) duplicated the image layer, b) converted it to a text layer, and c) typed in my text (no shadow, only outline) and clicked "OK." I tried to insert an image of the screenshot that I uploaded to my Photodex Album, but I get an error message that "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." Sorry.

The problem is that the layer is bounded by the gold/orange border. The text is in the middle of that area and the entire area bounded by the orange/gold border is this 50% opaque background.

Hope this make it a bit more clear and thanks for the help, Barbara.

[another] Dale
Post a reply