Editing "Personal" Slide Styles

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Editing "Personal" Slide Styles

Postby Curtiscop » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:53 am

Hi All,

In Producer 6 ... I have made many 'Slide Styles'. I want to go back and make some 'edits / changes' and then 're-save' the Slide Style (with the original name). I can not seem to find how this is done. I've been

* Opening the Slide Style in a new slide ....
* Making my changes
* Saving the 'changes' as a NEW Slide Style with a new name
* Deleting the original Slide Style

Hopefully I'm missing something, and can just open the Slide Style, make my changes, then resave / overwrite the original Slide Style

Thanks All
Dream what you want to dream; go where you
want to go; be what you want to be,
Because you have only one life and one chance
to do all the things you want to do.

Re: Editing "Personal" Slide Styles

Postby cherub » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi Curtis,

You are not missing anything. Producer doesn't have the function of "save as" when creating slide styles.
All the styles are always created as if from scratch, with the function "Create".

The problem with this, is that once you create a new slide style from an old one, all the attributes of the old style disappear. You have to write the name of the styles once again, the description once again, and the category once again. And, unless you are able to give exactly the same name as before, ProShow will not overwrite the old style.

You are right, things are much too complicated. I agree with you. We should be able to make small changes and to resave.

Postby Curtiscop » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:55 pm

Thanks Mona ....

Well .... "A Man Can Dream, Can't He"

Haven't pulled my hair out over the issue. Hopefully PHOTODEX will change this in future releases.

Thanks Again !!

Curt'
Dream what you want to dream; go where you
want to go; be what you want to be,
Because you have only one life and one chance
to do all the things you want to do.

Postby cherub » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:06 pm

A woman can dream too :D :D
As a creator of slide styles, you can imagine how much time I spend when I want to change a style just a tiny bit, and I must "recreate" it again, and rewrite all the descriptions all over again. :D
And, of course, one change is somehow never enough :D

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:30 am

Only a little less complicated is going to the Manage screen, selecting the old style, clicking the Edit button, copying the description, then exiting the edit screen using Cancel. Then save the new style (can do it right in the Manage screen), typing in the same name as the old style, and pasting in the description that was copied in the Edit screen.

I use this method constantly because, when creating styles, often as not, they need tweaking.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby cherub » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:07 am

Nice tip, Barbara.
I normally use Notepad or Word when creating slide styles. So, the titles and descriptions are always there to copy from. :D

Return to PSP - Tutorials