can you help me to create a light pan zoom transition?

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
Valued Member

can you help me to create a light pan zoom transition?

Postby drugo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:20 am

Hi

somedays ago , i watched a video , and l like it a lot
sadly i can't find the link
but it was very simple , it collects the most beautiful photos of the month

in the video , there was a very light transition between photos , a pan zoom transition

again sadly i can't find the link!

right now i have proshow producer 6 last built

might someone help me how obtain a very simple transition between photos using zoom and pan?
maybe linking some video
for simple , i mean not with effects ..

thanks
Proshow Producer v6.0.3410 windows 8.1 64 and windows 7 sp1 64

Re: can you help me to create a light pan zoom transition?

Postby im42n8 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am

Pan and zoom are effects.

These effects occur between keyframes and keyframes are separated from each other by time on the timeline associated with the slide. If your image has the same width as the slide then it is normalized to the slide width (and I'm assuming it has a scale, then, of fill frame). That means that no matter what the zoom setting is, a pan of -100 moves the image layer right edge to the screen's left edge.

Assuming you have 2 image layers. The first layer has keyframe 1 at the far left with settings of pan=0,0; zoom=100,100, and opacity = 100. Kf2 is located at the center: pan=100,0 and zoom=0,0 and opacity = 0.

The 2nd layer has 3 keyframes (KF1 = far left, kf3=far right , and kf2=the center), and we set kf1 pan to -100,0 and zoom to 0,0 and opacity = 0; kf2 pan to 0,0 and zoom to 100,100 and opacity = 100. Then right click on kf2 and copy to next keyframe.

This simple effect will have the initial image fading and decreasing in size as it moves right. The next image is increasing in size and fading into view as it moves right from just off the left screen edge.

This isn't exactly what you want but it should provide you with all of the information to create the effect you're actually wanting.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby ginger » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:34 am

Hi,

Dale gave you a lot of good information that should help you understand how to create your own effects.

A couple of other simple suggestions you could try:

1. Assuming you're using a scaling setting of "Fill Frame" (under Layer Settings|Layer Setup), go to Effects and click on Keyframe 2 (the black 2 on the far right of timeline). The number 2 should turn blue (meaning it's the one you're editing). In the box below on the left (under Motion & Audio) put a 5 in the first box next to Pan, then go down one row and put 115% for the Zoom settings. (You can just do it for Zoom X and Zoom Y will automatically change to the same number.) Click OK. This will give you a slide where one photo fills the frame at 100% and zooms slightly (to 115%) as well as moving very slightly to the right (Pan 5). (If you panned more than this amount you'd end up showing the black background to the left of the photo, which you may not want to do.) Then use a simple A/B transition between slides.

2. There are some built-in slide styles that kind of do what you want. Take a look under Built-In Effects|Backdrop Light Framed Zoom In Rotate. There are options for dark background as well, or without a frame/border, or with a pan, etc. There may even be a built-in style that does exactly what you're talking about, but I have style overload and have a very hard time finding a style I'm looking for. However, the new "Favorites" feature has been very helpful.

Hope that makes sense.

ginger

Postby im42n8 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Ginger,

The number you gave is relevant ONLY if the image is around a 3:2 image set to fill frame (actually, it should be closer to 118.52% for a 3:2 aspect image layer). A fit to frame layer for a layer that has an aspect ratio less than the show ratio will stop resizing upon import when the first two layer sides match the screen edges. That is, normalized top and bottom. The screen has an amount unfilled by the ratio of the screen to the layer aspects. That is, (Sx/Sy)/(Lx/Ly). That's where the extra 18.52% comes from (the unfilled amount of the screen). Refer here: http://fpvp.wordpress.com/layer-equations/

But, why resize in this manner if you can get the exact same size desired by setting the appropriate scale? That is, a pan-x of 100 is not going to move the image offscreen ... you will need a pan of 118. It works, but, it's also harder to plan exactly how you want to move things around if you need exact distances (such as keeping layer edges aligned to each other as they move and/or resize) for your effect.

It's just an idea ... there are numerous ways to accomplish things and some are more advantageous than others. If you're going to move things horizontally, it might behoove you to choose fill frame; vertically: fit to frame (but then, there's that issue of the amount of image that's off-screen as overfill . . . if nothing else, it helps to know how much is off-screen so the pan can be adjusted judiciously....).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Valued Member

Postby drugo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:59 pm

im42n8 wrote:Ginger,

Dale

ginger wrote:Hi,

Hope that makes sense.

ginger

hi
thanks a lot!
i found it !! it's here http://video.repubblica.it/rubriche/il- ... 963/151468

do you think was made with proshow or premier ?
i mean can proshow do it?
sadly proshow it's only in english

Postby im42n8 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:57 am

There's nothing in the link that can't be done in ProShow. First, tho, you need the cut out images to perform the 3D effect. If you know how to do masking in an image editor (Photoshop, Photo-Paint, Gimp, Paint Shop Pro, etc), you shouldn't have a problem. After that, it's your imagination and working with keyframes and their various settings.

Dale

Valued Member

Postby drugo » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:07 am

im42n8 wrote:There's nothing in the link that can't be done in ProShow. First, tho, you need the cut out images to perform the 3D effect. If you know how to do masking in an image editor (Photoshop, Photo-Paint, Gimp, Paint Shop Pro, etc), you shouldn't have a problem. After that, it's your imagination and working with keyframes and their various settings.

Dale

you need the cut out images to perform the 3D effect

do you mean not use transition between images?

and i don't need general effects 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 ,themed effects and transition 1 & 2?

thanks Dale

Postby im42n8 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:19 am

Now I'm confused ... what exactly are you trying to do?

If you are trying to accomplish what is shown in the link you provided, cut the image elements out of the original image and use both (or a similar image) together in PSP (you might want to keep the dimensions of each element exactly the same for control purposed). Keyframes are used to move each layer at different rates and Zoom is used to assist in the 3D-like effect to give the appearance of depth. There's no transitioning (except for pan and zoom) between elements on the slide ... not in that video. But, that doesn't mean you can't use any function to create a layer transition between keyframes if it can be useful to you.

If not, what are you trying to do? What do "general effects 1-6, themed effects, and transitions 1&2 have to do with the video in the link and what are they?

Dale

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:43 am

Now that an example of the desired effect has been posted, it's easier to address the request.

No need for buying any slide style or transition packs if this is what is being referred to. They will not be what you need for this effect.

As was described, use a photo editor to cut out parts of images to be used in layers. Save cut out images as transparency (png) file. Insert them into your slide and zoom/pan as desired. There is no slide style that will necessarily automatically do that for you as each picture/scene will likely be different in each case. But if you get the motion as you desire set in place, you could create/save your own style for future use.

Use an AB fade transition in between slides. There are other threads that have discussed this technique in archives. But I don't have the links. Searching for 3-D perspective might do the trick if you wish to read more posts on the subject. But the answer is the same. Use cut outs and adjust settings for animation as you wish for each scene.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby ginger » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:50 am

Dale, yes I'm sorry, I did assume a scaling of full frame as I mentioned, but didn't do any math or consider a photo with a different aspect ratio.

Drugo, the link you provided uses a photo in which you cut out a portion, then animate it (pan/zoom) separately from the background to give a fake 3d effect. Here's a link to another example and how it was done:

http://thewhiteloupe.com/post/Make-a-3d ... r-Pictures

As for the transition between slides, it looks to me like they used a "fade through black" where a blank slide with a black background is placed between slides and the photo fades to black for a second before fading into the next slide. Here's a demo and instructions that someone here on the forum created quite a while back:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4394&alb=0

Edit: Deb beat me to it.

ginger

Valued Member

Postby drugo » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:02 am

im42n8 wrote:Now I'm confused ... what exactly are you trying to do?

If you are trying to accomplish what is shown in the link you provided, cut the image elements out of the original image and use both (or a similar image) together in PSP (you might want to keep the dimensions of each element exactly the same for control purposed). Keyframes are used to move each layer at different rates and Zoom is used to assist in the 3D-like effect to give the appearance of depth. There's no transitioning (except for pan and zoom) between elements on the slide ... not in that video. But, that doesn't mean you can't use any function to create a layer transition between keyframes if it can be useful to you.

hi Dale
i'm tring to obtain the same effect of the video posted

If not, what are you trying to do? What do "general effects 1-6, themed effects, and transitions 1&2 have to do with the video in the link and what are they?

i meant i don't need proshow extras to obtain such effects

sorry my english sucks :(

Valued Member

Postby drugo » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:06 am

debngar wrote:Now that an example of the desired effect has been posted, it's easier to address the request.

No need for buying any slide style or transition packs if this is what is being referred to. They will not be what you need for this effect.

As was described, use a photo editor to cut out parts of images to be used in layers. Save cut out images as transparency (png) file. Insert them into your slide and zoom/pan as desired. There is no slide style that will necessarily automatically do that for you as each picture/scene will likely be different in each case. But if you get the motion as you desire set in place, you could create/save your own style for future use.

Use an AB fade transition in between slides. There are other threads that have discussed this technique in archives. But I don't have the links. Searching for 3-D perspective might do the trick if you wish to read more posts on the subject. But the answer is the same. Use cut outs and adjust settings for animation as you wish for each scene.

thanks Debbie
now i got the meaning of cut out ...
it's important to save in png ,isn't it?

Valued Member

Postby drugo » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:09 am

ginger wrote:Dale, yes I'm sorry, I did assume a scaling of full frame as I mentioned, but didn't do any math or consider a photo with a different aspect ratio.

Drugo, the link you provided uses a photo in which you cut out a portion, then animate it (pan/zoom) separately from the background to give a fake 3d effect. Here's a link to another example and how it was done:

http://thewhiteloupe.com/post/Make-a-3d ... r-Pictures

As for the transition between slides, it looks to me like they used a "fade through black" where a blank slide with a black background is placed between slides and the photo fades to black for a second before fading into the next slide. Here's a demo and instructions that someone here on the forum created quite a while back:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4394&alb=0

Edit: Deb beat me to it.

ginger

thanks Ginger
i will read it and i'm watching it
by the way the video i linked it's simple and beautiful , isn't it

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:13 am

thanks Debbie
now i got the meaning of cut out ...
it's important to save in png ,isn't it?

That's what I posted.... read it again and see.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby im42n8 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:25 am

No, PNG is NOT a requirement ... you CAN use TIFF if you want. The reason for PNG or TIFF (or even PSD) is that these formats support transparency. JPG, for instance, does not. The reason you want to save the cutout to a file the same size as the original if that it's extremely easy to align it to the original. Create a mask on the original and paint out what you don't want (in an image editor).

Don't worry about the poor English ... while I know some German and Spanish, I don't use it enough to make sense to anyone in them (thanks for Google Translate and the like, even if their translation capabilities are not always the best). When I visit sites that require a different language ... I have to rely on Google Translate.

Learning some of these "tricks" can take awhile ... but, when you final "get it," the process is simple and easy. What you are trying to do is not very difficult. However, getting past the conceptual stage and learning how to do what you want to do is the hardest part.

Good luck. And have fun with it. :D :D

Dale

Next

Return to PSP - Tutorials