Using transparency with files issued from BluffTitler

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Using transparency with files issued from BluffTitler

Postby Jeep » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:48 pm

As a fan of BluffTitler (also !) I have been confronted with the use of video files supposed to contain an alpha chanel.
It's clear that ProShow can't handle these kinds of file so we have to go around !

There are 2 ways of solving this case :
1- create an alpha chanel of the animation in BluffTitler. First, export the animation in its normal status with the name show.avi for example. Then we must create an alpha chanel. This may be done by giving the ambient light a value of 255, 255, 255 which is the white colour. Once it's done, you may export the video with the name show_alpha.avi for example. In ProShow, import both video files, the show_alpha.avi as layer 1, show.avi as layer 2 and your background image as layer 3. Give layer 1 the status of masking layer. And voila !

2- import the show.avi file in ProShow and apply a chroma key on the background color of the animation (generally it's black) using the intensity sliders. A value of 10% on both intensity sliders should be fine.

You may download a file containing both AVI video examples plus an explanation. It's in French but the main interest is in the files for your tests.
http://jeeep.breizhbleu.com/Atelier/BT.zip
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Valued Member

Re: Using transparency with files issued from BluffTitler

Postby pja » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:54 am

Thanks for the information. I love using Blufftitler in my producer shows and this information will come in handy.

Phil
Smile... why not! You are online and no one can see!

Postby Jeep » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:11 am

If some people from Photodex read this forum (I know they do !), I inform them that the beta 8 of PTE accepts video files with an embedded alpha chanel (RGBA) ! A word to the wise is enough !
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:49 am

Merci Jeep,
Ce truc sera très utile. Nous l'essayerons un peu plus tard. Nous avions regardé sur votre site afin de voir si nous pouvions avoir cette technique sur BluffTitler, nous ne l'avions pas trouvé. Encore une fois merci de votre générosité et du partage de vos connaissances de ProShow et de BluffTitler . quetzal

Return to PSP - Tutorials