Mask for faces

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Mask for faces

Postby guillerfer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:11 am

Good morning.
I have seen in internet this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saqCsH0r__U.
Im fascinating how change the faces and any parts of the images.
I would like to see a tutorial about it.
Any idea where i can learn?
Thank You.

Re: Mask for faces

Postby debngar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:04 am

Since many of your posts were in the PSG (ProShow Gold) section I'm assuming you're using that version of the program and not Producer even though you've posted here in the Producer area of the forum.

If I'm correct, and you are using Gold, there is no masking function in Gold. It's a feature offered in Producer.

That said, if you do some searching the archives on "masking", you may get a bit of an idea of how to do this. But without Producer, but it may not make much sense to you. The other major thing Gold does not have is keyframing, which is likely used in that demo also.

If you're planning to upgrade to Producer, the effects are fairly advanced. You could also scan the Producer Tutorial section for related subjects on keyframing and masking and the Photodex blog site has useful tutorials too.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby guillerfer » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:02 am

Hello.
Im using proshow producer.
I have read some tutorial, but i cant obtain something like the video i refer. Im clumsy and i have no previous experience.
Thank YOu.

Postby im42n8 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:14 am

While the basic concept is simple, using the mask techniques that you saw in the demo is going to take more than a passing amount skill within ProShow. You need a good understanding of how ProShow works, how to effectively use keyframing, and how to work with masks.

But, you can start learning about keyframes and masks now. Just start with simple ideas and then make them more complicated or just start adjusting them. The more you play with the software, the more familiar you will become with it. Eventually you will be doing the more complicated stuff before you realize it.

There are quite a number of tutorials out there, both free and for a charge. Look in the PSP tutorials section on this site. Check the 3rd party vendors' sites for tutorials they might have. Also, Photodex has some tutorials.

Take your time . . . learning this stuff is NOT going to happen overnight. Learning the basics will go a long way to being able to use the program effectively. Learning masking and keyframing is key to unlocking much of the power within Producer.

Also, you can look at the styles from Photodex and 3rd party vendors to help you understand how some effects are created. Sometimes this can help you get over a block you might have in understanding a concept . . . sometimes all you need is an example that you can dissect before it finally clicks with you.

Have fun and enjoy!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby guillerfer » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:22 pm

Good morning im42n8.
Thank You for your answer.
I visited your www after see you in secrets of proshow expert.
Yesterday i was seeing one of your tutorial video where one flower change from one yellow to another flower with another color. This what i would like to learn.
I want to prepare a personal video whith landscapes made from me and i would like to use that abilities, for change from one picture to another and make parts of my photos transparens with videos behind.
I tried to send you one mail from your website because im grateful to you for your tutorial videos in you web, but the link for "Contact us" give me error, opens my mail software but when i try to send you answer me one error of your adress.
Thank you again for your time.
Sincerely

(Sorry for my english)

Postby im42n8 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:47 am

Guillerfer,

Play with the simple masks to learn the basics. Just try static masks (where neither the mask nor the masked layers move). Once you have a good idea of how those work, then you can experiment with what happens when either the mask or the masked layer move. Once you have the basics understood, it is easier to figure the rest of it out. You cannot expect it to happen overnight, but after you've played with masks for awhile it will all come together in one of those "AHA!" moments. :D

Most of all tho: Have fun. Enjoy yourself! Whatever you do, don't make it seem or feel like work!

This summary may be of assistance:
http://www.fenimorephotovideos.com/Pros ... sions2.pdf

I checked the link in "Contact Us" on my site and it seems to be working well. So, I'm not sure what happened to prevent your email client sending the message.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Postby guillerfer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:16 am

Hello Dale.
The problem with mail is when press "Submit".
And later in my software mail, i recive the next text "La siguiente organización ha rechazado su mensaje: [64.29.151.236]."

The mail has been rejected

:(

Williams

Postby im42n8 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 am

Well, I'm not quite sure who "InternetNamesForBusiness.com" is but it's apparently an internet domain registration and administration service based in Florida. The IP you gave is associated with that address/business.

Since your email host is how you send your email, my guess is that InternetNamesForBusiness.com thinks there's a problem with it. It's just a guess. If that domain has a history of spam or is suspected of having problematic websites on that main, traffic from or associated with it could be blocked. You might check with your email host and find out if there's a problem either with your email address or the domain specifically. If it's your address it would could indicate that your machine is a zombie (check for adware, spyware, etc. It will NOT show up on a typical spam or anti-virus check). If it is NOT your email address, it could be the domain and you should report any problems you are experiencing.

============
Bueno, no estoy muy seguro de que "InternetNamesForBusiness.com" es pero es aparentemente un registro de dominio de Internet y el servicio de administración con sede en Florida. La IP le dio está asociado con esa dirección / business.

Debido a que su servidor de correo electrónico es la forma de enviar un e-mail, mi conjetura es que "InternetNamesForBusiness.com" piensa que hay un problema con él. Es sólo una suposición. Si ese dominio tiene una historia de spam o se sospecha que tiene webs problemáticas en que el tráfico principal, por o asociadas con ella podría ser bloqueada. Usted puede consultar con su host de correo electrónico para saber si hay un problema, ya sea con su dirección de correo electrónico o el dominio en particular. Si se trata de su dirección sería que podría indicar que el equipo es un zombie (verificar adware, spyware, etc, no se mostrará en un spam o cheque típico anti-virus). Si NO lo es su dirección de correo electrónico, podría ser el dominio y usted debe reportar cualquier problema que esté experimentando.

Dale

Postby debngar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:20 am

Dale,

I don't know if this is related but you might want to go through to check and re-work your website as it shows TWO Home and Contact buttons on some pages. Extra buttons appear on the far right of the menu buttons on the "about", "photorepair" and "slideshows" pages. Those extra buttons take visitors to pages that don't seem to have a purpose. I didn't check all your pages but you might want to review all of them just in case as I found the same problem appearing on others as well though not on all of them.
Debbie

Postby im42n8 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:35 am

If true Debbie, this forum is NOT the best approach to inform me that there might be something wrong with my website. The most appropriate approach would have been a PM or an email. :?

Dale

Postby debngar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:18 am

im42n8 wrote:If true Debbie, this forum is NOT the best approach to inform me that there might be something wrong with my website. The most appropriate approach would have been a PM or an email. :?

Dale

Wow..... "if true"? :shock: :roll:

The person was trying to contact you and having a bit of trouble. Hence it was somewhat related to the discussion that conflicting buttons were discovered, (one being the contact button), on the site sending visitors to a page that wasn't expected. I didn't say it was sending visitors to a malicious place, just that the pages didn't seem to be for the purposes intended.

Other people in the past typically responded with a thank you to something like that. Guess that was too much to expect. :roll:

How sad and needless that this was taken for something other than it's face value.
Last edited by debngar on Sat May 04, 2013 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Debbie

Postby im42n8 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:39 am

Debbie,

No matter how you try to spin it, your post was appropriate ONLY for a PM or email.

Dale
Last edited by im42n8 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby bonalymac » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:28 am

I get very sad reading these periodic spats. I do not know, but I suspect I may not be alone. Each recent occurence seems to be met with (if it is possible) an embarassed silence from other members.

This is a friendly group, can we keep it this way.

I do not post much, but I do read a lot, and these outbursts do nothing to keep the group together. Please can we have common sense, and common courtesy.

If 5 year old children were behaving in this manner at my wifes' school, their behaviour would not be tolerated.

Colin
Colin

Postby guillerfer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:39 am

I sorry if I have wrote anything bad in this space, that is no my intention.
Sorry again.

Postby bonalymac » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:29 am

I sorry if I have wrote anything bad in this space, that is no my intention.

Absolutely NOT. You have nothing to apologise for.
Colin

Return to PSP - Tutorials