Change Black-and-White to Color - Photodex demo explained

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Change Black-and-White to Color - Photodex demo explained

Postby hogyongyvirag » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:06 am

Anyone who knows please help.
How to make it ProShow Producer 5 ?

2 minutes 49 seconds - 2 minutes 57 seconds (black-and-white to color)

Thank you very much : hogyongyvirag

Re: Change Black-and-White to Color - Photodex demo explained

Postby cherub » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:59 pm

As the demo shows, this is done through the Adjustment Effects, using multiple keyframes.

In Producer 5, if you are using the default previews in Slide Options, the Adjustment Effects are found on the right side of your screen. Don't confuse them with the other "Adjustments" that are found at the top of the screen. Those refer to the editing of your pictures, and all the changes that you make there are permanent, for the duration of your entire slide.

Here is how to work with the Adjustment Effects.
At the beginning of the demo, the pictures that are inserted in the slide are all white.
This was probably done by using Adjustment Effects > Black Point = 100

Then the pictures are shown in Black and White.
This was probably done by using Adjustment Effects > Colorize. (Check the colorizing button). If you leave this at the default values for colorizing, you will get a gray shade (HEX 128, 128,128)

Then the pictures become colored again.
Here there are no Adjustment Effects at all, and everything is left at its default. Colorize is unchecked again.

As I said before, the slide utilizes multiple keyframes. If you are familiar with keyframes and how they work, then all you have to do is to divide your slide in several time segments (keyframes), and to make the adjustments that I've explained above.
For example, lets say that you have a slide of 10 seconds that has 0 time transitions.
From second 0 to second 2 (Your keyframes 1 and 2), the pictures are white. (Black Point = 100)
From second 2 to 4 (keyframe 3) the pictures become black and white. The Black Point is back at 0, but you begin the colorizing values.
From second 4 to 6 (Keyframe 4) the pictures stay black and white.
From second 6 to 8 (keyframe 5) the pictures become colored (Colorizing is unchecked)
From second 8 to 10 (Keyframe 6) the pictures stay colored. (no adjustment values)

It is important to understand that you can use the same keyframes to add Motion Effects too (your left side of the screen). You can also use ADDITIONAL keyframes to add even more motion.
For example, while the pictures are all white, they are also inserted in the slide.
This means that from second 0 to 2, apart from the adjustment effects, you will also have some motion effect
The pan values in keyframe 1 will place your picture somewhere outside the screen, while in keyframe 2 the pan will place the picture inside the screen.

In keyframe 5, while the pictures become colored again, you also see a kind of shaking effect.
That was probably done by using a Sine Wave modifier on the Rotate values, while the Rotation Center is 0 and 50.
Modifiers are a somewhat more complex topic, so, I'm not going to expand on it in this thread.

I hope I've managed to give you the basics of the black-and-white to color effect.

Re: Change Black-and-White to Color - Photodex demo explained

Postby hogyongyvirag » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:23 am

Dear cherub !

Thank you, thank you, thank you
I am very grateful.

hogyongyvirag

Return to PSP - Tutorials