Learning Curve

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Learning Curve

Postby dzacco » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:35 pm

I just upgraded to Producer 5.0 from Gold 4.5 and it feels like everything is new and different. At times I want to go back and use Gold because it's taking so long to find things in Producer. Is there a tutorial specifically for converts or should I just keep plugging away? I know there are tutorials on YouTube but it's very time consuming.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Learning Curve

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Take a look at this posting from VidQueen. It covers the major items that people typically use.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=19503

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby debngar » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:16 pm

As it turns out, you sort of have a double whammy going for you. Not only did you upgrade from Gold to Producer but you did it within a major version upgrade of ProShow which has major UI changes. Yes it does feel quite different. You're not alone. Other users have had a tough time getting used to version 5 too. The VidQueen tutorials link that Vernon suggested is a good resource. In addition, Photodex has produced more tutorials in the last year or so which should help too. You can find them under the tutorial category on their blog site. http://www.slideshowblog.com/

Just keep plugging away at it. You'll catch on eventually. :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:52 am

Many of us who did a much shorter leap than you--going from Producer 4.5 to 5.0--were knocked flat by the huge change in the interface. I'll bet it wouldn't have mattered if you'd gone from Gold to Gold because you still would have been knocked flat. Having been there and done that, I've only one piece of advice: Take it one step at a time. Don't try to do everything all at once. Watch one tutorial at time, following each with practice on that tutorial's subject before going on to the next. You'll find it slow at first, but then it'll start speeding up for you as you get a handle on more and more things.

When I first started with version 5, I kept going back to 4.5 until I realized I was only impeding my own progress, so I finally outlawed the use of 4.5, which was painful. I still have 4.5 on my computer, but the few times I've opened it, I've closed it right back up because...um...because I can't find anything in it. :D

So yes, keep plugging away.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby dzacco » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Thanks to all who gave advice. I did watch all of the VidQueen's tutorials as well as the Proshow tutorials. I started practicing on a sample video and the light is starting to shine...Slow but sure. I'm the type who learns faster by doing than by reading but if I get stuck, I'll know where to come with the questions. Thanks again for the advice.

Return to PSP - Tutorials