musical theme

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

musical theme

Postby jemslideshows » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:15 am

i would like to make my own theme based on music. but i haven a clue on how to make one using proshow 5. can someone point me in the right direction .. am pretty hands on i work with cs5 and premier so i should get it quick .. thank you in advance... :D

lol let me explaine what i wanna do ..... have some video clips in the background and some frames popping up in front that i can throw some pics in. i get the video clips should be wma but dont know how to put it all together and what foldes to put where? i guess am trying to make a theme

Re: musical theme

Postby cherub » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:31 am

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I'm not sure I understand your use of the word "theme".
In ProShow Producer, a theme is used in the context of the wizard.
A theme is made of slide styles, transitions and music. The styles and the transitions are the ones that are already installed on your computer.

So I guess that you are asking about something else. Perhaps a template ?

You must start by creating a first show. Use your music, use your videos, use your frames and put pictures in those frames. Save this show.
Then you have the option to save the show as a template, for use in future shows.

Is this what you want to make?

Postby jemslideshows » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:37 am

yes am sorry it is a template that i wanna make then save . i have my music my video clips in wma format . just need to know how do the frames com in where you put the pics in ? do i have to use the wizzard ? will that guide me through ?

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:00 am

It sounds to me as if you'll have to learn how to do masking since any frame that "pops in" should fit the photo. Without a mask, it's awfully hard to keep the photo from spilling out beyond the frame unless the frame has been custom-designed for the photo in an image editor.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby cherub » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:45 am

Seems to me you need to learn Producer first :D :D

As I said before, you must start by making a regular show first. Worry about the template later.

May I suggest that you use the Wizard, just so that you understand how this program works.
Look in Slide Options > Layers, and try to understand how each slide is made.

Postby jemslideshows » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:58 am

thank you all but i did some reading on the site and found my answers...bty great site lots of info .

Return to PSP - Tutorials