Using the Wizard (as best you can)

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Using the Wizard (as best you can)

Postby VidQueen » Thu May 17, 2012 5:53 am

Here's a new video tutorial on using the Wizard. Let me clarify before you watch it that I HATE the Wizard if you are using it to create an entire show for you. BUT...if you use it as a tool to give you a starting place for your show, I think I can accept it's exisitence :wink:

Re: Using the Wizard (as best you can)

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 17, 2012 6:32 am

Very good Jennifer - what I actually found more interesting than the "wizard" was your demo of how to create new themes. Well done (even though I (as you also I can tell) normally HATE being "helped" by wizard type thingies :evil: )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby cherub » Thu May 17, 2012 8:19 am

Excellent tutorial Jennifer. I'm really glad that you made it ! :D

Just like you, when the wizard was first introduced, I hated the very idea of letting a machine create my shows.
And, also like you, I later discovered that there are advantages to this, especially at the starting stages of the show.

I use the wizard a bit differently.
I do like to see the combinations that the "machine" chooses for groups of pictures, so I do include in my customized theme also styles for 2 or 3 images. After all, we can always change the pictures afterwards.

I also don't select the transitions in my theme, but rather let Producer make use of all the transitions that are installed on my computer. In this way Producer can combine styles and transitions in surprising ways, that perhaps I would not have thought of combining on my own.

I found that the Energy Level in the Wizard has some influence on the show. As you said, it does not follow the actual rhythm of the audio track, nor the pictures, but it does influence the times of the slides and of the transitions. Sometimes I find it useful to just watch the times that Producer uses automatically, and how some transitions look at very short times.

Postby VidQueen » Thu May 17, 2012 8:33 am

Absolutley, Mona:)

I hadn't thought about letting the Wizard create a show using all of the Transitions and Styles I've chosen to see if it comes up with a "Happy Accident" that I would have never thought of....great idea :D

As far as the timing goes, I'm definately a "Methodist Editor". I edit to my music. Every Time. No exceptions. Probably falls under the category of not being able to teach this old dog a new trick :lol:

Jennifer

Postby Serf4 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:55 am

Again, another smooth tute. That's it, I'm nominating VidQueen for the 'Golden Mouse Pad Award' if there is such a thing.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 17, 2012 9:57 am

How about a lifetime supply of mint juleps on the back deck to go with that golden mousepad award ? :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby VidQueen » Thu May 17, 2012 10:04 am

A MAID!!! How about a MAID!!!

(I'm so glad you guys can't see what my office looks like when I create tutorials :shock: )

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Thu May 17, 2012 11:36 am

Thank you, Jennifer for doing this excellent tutorial for us and especially showing how to create themes.

Rosemary

Valued Member

Postby NLAlston » Sun May 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Great one. Thanks for the share.
BLESSINGS,
Nathan
(PSP7)

Postby obeeone » Sun May 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Another excellent tutorial, thanks Jennifer

Carl