Customize slides that are based on slide styles

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Customize slides that are based on slide styles

Postby cherub » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Photodex just published this tutorial about how to change slides based on styles, so that they better suit your own pictures and your personal taste:

Slide styles are great for adding quick effects to your photos and videos. But did you know you can edit a slide style once it's been applied? it's easy to do and we'll show you how in this video.

Re: Customize slides that are based on slide styles

Postby im42n8 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:07 am

I would have thought that this would have been obvious (that you could edit the slide on which a style had been applied)! :shock: But, for those who didn't know, this might be a revelation. But, not all styles are created equal ... some are going to be much easier to "modify" (customize) than others. Simple styles should be no problem. It's those pesky "complex" ones that are going to be the problem! Complex can mean a number of things (and does not necessarily mean the use of modifiers). "Customizabiltiy," for some effects may be relative to your facility with ProShow...

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Esteemed Member

Postby Jim Adams » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:49 pm

It's a great learning tool, as well. Apply a style and view all the effects and adjustments to see how they created it. Make changes and save it as your own if you plan to use it over and over.
There's a lot of free tutorials buried in those editable styles.

Postby im42n8 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Heck of a learning tool ... taking apart a live style to see how it works. I wonder if this isn't an underutilized learning tool (that many of us have, in the past, touted). :-)

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Sometimes I have to deconstruct my own styles to see how the heck I created the effects. Nothing like being self-taught :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby Mac » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:18 am

I rarely use a style without some degree of tweaking. What I want to know is how I can edit Photodex transitions!
PSP 0.1
Kaypro 8086 4.77Mhz CPU, 728Kb memory, dual 5.25" high density floppies
Windows 1.0, Windows Paint
Kodak Pocket Instamatic 60 with Magicube
Model E-41 Ditto Machine

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:24 am

Mac, essentially it's a slide that's saved as a transition instead of a style. I can't remember the precise location where transitions are saved, and anyway, that spot may have changed with version 5, but seek and ye shall find. Bring the file into Producer and then edit as you wish, saving it as a transition under a name that's different from the original.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Tutorials