2-Side 3D Photo Tilt

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
ProShow Hall of Fame

2-Side 3D Photo Tilt

Postby seektheburd » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:10 pm

Hello Proshow Friends,
Tickering around tonight and thought I'd share a tutorial. The following link displays a one minute sample creating a simple 3D two-sided photo effect using the new tilt feature. Hope you will find it useful. Nothing offensive unless you are not a Mario fan. Smiles.

http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek/m6p9cmg4

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/37426603[/vimeo]

Hugs, Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: 2-Side 3D Photo Tilt

Postby seektheburd » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:59 am

Hi fellow members,
I kinda goofed up on the keyframe timings listed in the tuturial. Please accept my apologies. Below is a written revision of a 5 minute slide (instead of 10 minutes) showcasing a single 2-sided 3D photo effect. Just like Photoshop, there are always more than one way to achieve an effect. This just happens to be how I create the 3D style. :D

First Photo: Keyframes at 0, 1, 2, 2.25, 3 and 5 seconds
Second Photo: Keyframes at 0, 1, 3 and 5 seconds

The original effect is created using the 2nd photo with keyframes set at 0, 1, 3 and 5. All keyframes 100% opacity.
Keyframes 1 and 2 (0 and 1 second) are identical with tilt set at -15.
Keyframes 3 and 4 (3 and 5 seconds) are identical with tilt set at 165.
Duplicate slide.
Rename duplicate layer 2nd or back photo for easy reference.

Rename original layer 1st or front photo for easy reference.
Insert 2 additional keyframes between keyframes 1 and 3 (0 and 3 seconds). Set timing at 2 and 2.25 seconds.
Total is 6 keyframes set at 0, 1, 2, 2.25, 3, and 5.
Keyframes 1 and 2 (0 and 1 second) are identical with tilt set at -15.
Keyframes 3 and 4 (2 and 2.25 seconds) have tilt set at AUTO. Keyframe 3 opacity is 100%. Keyframe 4 opacity is 0.
Keyframes 5 and 6 (3 and 5 seconds) are identical with tilt set at 165. Opacity is 0.

That's the gist of it. Hope you find this helpful. Again, sorry for the timing errors posted in the above video. Have fun!

Hugs, Stephanie

PS- I also send Admin Mike a folder containing 2 slide styles. One for a single 2-sided display, the other multi with 3 front and 3 back.

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6

Postby anitaemile » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:04 am

Hi Steph

Thanks for the tutorial, Stephany . I like to add this ,based on your tutorial. It's a bit more explanatory and has some adjustments , and deals with the issue of the mirrored image after the applied tilt.

Place one image in the slide. You can decide where on the timeline you put kf 2, as long as there is enough room for time to turn and time to show the other image. Between kf 1 and 2 use identical settings with the image tilted - 15 horizontally (or however far or direction you want to tilt) .Now add kf 3 where you change the tilt to 165 horizontally ( Stephany tilted the image against the direction of the original tilt , which is 180 - 15degrees = 165 degrees. You could also turn 180 degrees in the direction of the tilt, which would be -15-180=-195 degrees) . Click to create another keyframe ( kf 4) for the time you like to show the second image. ( Automatically this will take the same settings as kf 3.) Scrub the timeline under the preview windows and you will see how the image turns between kf 2 and kf 3. Now duplicate the layer. (This will be your top layer) Drag another image into the layer to replace the picture. Double click in between kf 2 and kf 3 on the time line underneath the preview windows to add another key frame.. Scrub that keyframe between kf 2 and kf4 ( formerly kf3) until you see the tilt reach the phase where the image reaches the angle where it can no longer be seen , (this will be 90 -or -90- horizontal tilt ) . Keep the keyframe there. Now remove keyframes 4 and 5. If you scrub over the timeline you will see how the top layer will change into the second layer during the turn . To make it more perfect, because your bottom layer will be seen as a mirrored copy of its original because it has been turned 165 degrees: change the image adjustment settings to " flip horizontally" for this bottom layer . You can also remove keyframe 1 from this ( bottom, horizontal flipped) layer

Hope this helps too

Anita

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:44 am

Hi Anita,
Thank you for jumping in. Hopefully others can make better sense of how to achieve the effect using your method. Your version is easy to follow along and very explanatory.
Yes, I know I went against the grain. I just liked the -15 to 165 look. :D Either way, hopefully this will spark creativity for others to go ahead and try different angles and variations. Again, thank you so much Anita!

Hugs, Stephanie

Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6

Postby drury » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi Stephanie, Must get my head around this 3D stuff and thanks for your detailed instructions added to by Anita. I This followed replying to your mentioning the girl in my Liverpool show. So I looked further and saw 2008 Challenge - Toronto. Good to see you like new buildings too. Cheers, Derek

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi Derek,
Thanks for watching and commenting on the above sample. And yes, love the new and old buildings meshed together and your show really highlighted some great ones. The Toronto show is an oldie but I still like watching it now and then. It stems from one of Enthusiasts monthly challenges from way back when. Sure miss those days. :( Now that we have moved up to version 5, one can only imagine what these challenges would bring. Lots of talented members, like you, here on the forum.

Hugs, Stephanie

Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6

Return to PSP - Tutorials