ProShow 5 - "Where Did It Go?!?!"

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

ProShow 5 - "Where Did It Go?!?!"

Postby VidQueen » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:33 am

Ok, so along with the new Aesthetically wonderful addition of 3D tilt and the "under the hood" screaming fast GPU Acceleration, Photodex also took your tried and true 4.5 user interface, put it in blender and spat it back out in 5.0. You won't be able to find anything anymore.

Instead of doing a 50 minute "What's New" tutorial, I decided to make a "Play List" of shorter, individual tutorials, called "Where Did It Go?!?!"

View the whole playlist here: http://www.screencast.com/t/0ij6cu5J5A

The nice thing about creating this playlist is that I can always add more tutorials to it. Can't find something? Let me know and I'll add a tutorial:)

These Video tutorials will to help you find:

Slide Styles
Copy Settings
Motion Effects Tab
Project Menu
Layer Editing And Adjustment Settings
Precision Prevew
Video Settings
Create Output Settings

Don't pull your hair out....everything will be juuuuuuust fine. :D

Jennifer

Re: ProShow 5 - "Where Did It Go?!?!"

Postby debngar » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:48 am

Hi Jennifer,

These should be really helpful for the user. Good idea to include the quick view of the old interface, then pointing to the new one to show where the features now live on the version 5 UI. I like that you made them short and to the point.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby cherub » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:51 am

Jennifer,
Excellent choice of subjects! I'm sure people will find these tutorials extremely helpful.
I liked your way of organizing everything :D

Postby VidQueen » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:53 am

debngar wrote:Hi Jennifer,

These should be really helpful for the user. Good idea to include the quick view of the old interface, then pointing to the new one to show where the features now live on the version 5 UI. I like that you made them short and to the point.

Thanks, Debbie and Mona :D

I know when I was learning the new interface I just wanted to know "Where Did It Go?!?" for one item at a time. I wouldn't have wanted to sit through a 50 minute tutorial just for someone to say, "it's right here". There are a ton more items I've missed, so I'll be adding to the playlist as time goes on :D

Jennifer

Postby anitaemile » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 pm

Wow, this sure is a big change.
It will take some time getting used to, so thank you Jennifer for all your helpful videos getting to know all these new features.
The most frustrating change , I find, is the single box for the motion effects: The the double preview window ( for two keyframes) and just 1 motion effect box. .. But I noticed by clicking IN one of the two preview windows the motion effect keyframe box will change to that keyframe, so you can toggle back and forth between the two keyframes motion effects settings.

Let's get started..

Anita.

Postby cinderellen » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Jennifer,

Thanks SO MUCH for the great videos. This is such a big change and will be extremely useful.

Esteemed Member

Postby glyn53 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:18 pm

Jennifer,

Thanks for the great videos.

Glyn

Postby GabBill » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks, Jenn. Sure is different. But I'm sure in time we'll get it.

The thing I think I care least for is the lack of having motion start and end of a keyframe on the same panel. I guess that's something else to get used to.

Thanks again for your hard work in putting these together for us.

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP
http://www.myphotosinmotion.com

Esteemed Member

Postby glyn53 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:51 pm

GabBill wrote:The thing I think I care least for is the lack of having motion start and end of a keyframe on the same panel. I guess that's something else to get used to.

Bill

But you can have both on the same panel.
On the effects tab, look at the icons just below and you will see two dashes, click on that and you get two previews 'start and end position' - I just found it :D

Glyn

Postby SherryJB » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Jennifer -

Already watched all your videos. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. As usual, they are spot on and give excellent clear instructions and explanations. Very easy to understand and very helpful.

Thank you again for all you do to support PSE!

Sherry B.

Postby obeeone » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:54 pm

G'day Jennifer

Thank you for having the videos up so quickly, It helps greatly when you only have 24 hours to make a decision if you want to get the 10% discount. I've jumped in, I know I won't be sorry but I might be tearing my hair out for a few days!

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Postby bonalymac » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:07 am

Thanks, watched them all, very useful
Colin

Postby GabBill » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:01 am

Glyn,
I don't want to take this thread too far afield,. Jenenifer always does such a great job for us.

I do know about seeing the double panel. I was talking about having only one set of paramiters available for entering cooridnates. I liked having the number right there, side-by-side, available to see and enter. I know you can see them by expanding the panel and I'm sure I'll get used to it. Probably the same number of clicks...Just very different right now.

But thanks for the heads up.

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP
http://www.myphotosinmotion.com

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:57 am

Jennifer, thank you for this. The smallest of changes can trip up anyone, whether old-timer or relative newcomer. I've already been tripped up and have landed on my face a number of times.

Here's to Jennifer for helping avoid Flat Face, which is caused by landing on it.

Barbara

P.S. Like others, I'm not charmed by the removal of slide setting displays of both keyframes.
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby tdew » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:08 am

Thank you Jennifer, those videos were extremely well done and answered a lot of questions!

I think ProShow is going to have to schedule another conference before too long though. I'm very glad I followed the tips and installed 5 in a new directory.

One favorite tip that I learned at the last one doesn't seem to work anymore...
"to fill frame, select all slides and then ALT zero"

I have only seen the spot to choose fit to frame, fill frame, etc in the preferences for the entire program. Am I missing the location If you want to change the choice for just one show?

Next

Return to PSP - Tutorials