ProShow 5 - "Where Did It Go?!?!"

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Re: ProShow 5 - "Where Did It Go?!?!"

Postby VidQueen » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 am

tdew wrote:One favorite tip that I learned at the last one doesn't seem to work anymore...
"to fill frame, select all slides and then ALT zero"

I have only seen the spot to choose fit to frame, fill frame, etc in the preferences for the entire program. Am I missing the location If you want to change the choice for just one show?

You're right....you used to be able to right click on a slide and change the Scaling for the whole slide....that seems to be gone now.

You can change the scaling for a layer in the Layer Settings, of course....but I'm not seeing any settings to change all layers in one slide to Fill Frame.

Anyone? :?:

Jennifer

Postby psychogramma » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:57 am

but I'm not seeing any settings to change all layers in one slide to Fill Frame.

set one layer to fill frame and right click to bring up copy menu... for this slide, selected slides, all slides

Cathy

Postby Bart_B » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:03 am

VidQueen wrote:You're right....you used to be able to right click on a slide and change the Scaling for the whole slide....that seems to be gone now.

You can change the scaling for a layer in the Layer Settings, of course....but I'm not seeing any settings to change all layers in one slide to Fill Frame.

Actually you can do it, I just spotted how. There may be more than one way but here's the way I found.

Select from the menu bar at the top Slide>Scale Slide>then choose fit to or fill

You can apply it to a single active slide or choose multiple slides and apply to all selections.

Bart

Postby tdew » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:47 am

Thanks Bart, That was what I was looking for. I do that a lot of times to start out - and then work from there on the individuals. It eliminates those unnoticed black spaces.

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:58 am

I've been using ProShow for a number of years, but did I know you could change those settings in one fell swoop? I did not. Sigh.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby VidQueen » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:11 am

Awesome, Bart, thank you!

I'll add that tutorial to my Where Did It Go?!?! List :D

Jennifer

Postby SherryJB » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:30 pm

Maybe its just in the 5.0.3188 build, but It looks like you can change fill frame/fit frame scaling by going under Slide Options>Layer Options>Scaling. Choose your option then right click on the down arrow.

It gives the same options you used to get in 4.5. Copy to all layers on Selected slides, Copy to all Layers on All Slides, and Copy to All Layers on This Slide.

It appears there are a lot of places you can click on that little radial down arrow and get familiar options.

Sherry B.

Postby VidQueen » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Sherry,

That is for each individual layer and it was in 4.5 as well. I think we were referring to changing every layer in a slide all at once :D Or even multiple slides with multiple layers!

Jennifer

Postby SherryJB » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Oh, OK. When I clicked on it, it let me take my fit screen layer to fill screen. Then, when I right clicked on the arrow, I chose "all layers on this slide",and all four of my layers went to fill screen. Other options were to change all layers on all slides or selected slides.

Guess I'm missing something.

Sherry B.

Postby oparisg » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:50 pm

I love 5.0, as soon as the fog lifts and clarity sets in its going to be clear sailing!

Postby VidQueen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:06 am

SherryJB wrote:Oh, OK. When I clicked on it, it let me take my fit screen layer to fill screen. Then, when I right clicked on the arrow, I chose "all layers on this slide",and all four of my layers went to fill screen. Other options were to change all layers on all slides or selected slides.

Guess I'm missing something.

Sherry B.

You rock, Sherry....I didn't know about the right click :D Good thing I haven't done that tutorial yet!

Jennifer

Postby VidQueen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:10 am

I've just added a new tutorial for Scaling to the Where Did It Go Play List...and a big thanks to Sherry.... it is actually accurate :D

I'm tellin' ya....you're never done learning 8)

Jennifer

Esteemed Member

Postby skb1951 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:31 am

Thanks Jennifer for all your hard work putting this together for us. I really appreciate it!!!

Sue
Whether you say you can, or whether you say you can't....you're right!

Proshow Producer 5.0.322, Adobe Elements 8.0, Canon t2i

Postby bonalymac » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:57 am

Jennifer

Thanks for the extra tutorial. If you are planning more, It would be really helpful if the vid names could start with 01, 02, 03 etc. The leading zero is usually necessary as well!

Since it appears that Screencast sort by file name, any new vids get added in the middle as appropriate. Makes it much more difficult to get to the new ones. If sorted numerically, its easier to get to where you want quickly!

Much appreciated tho!
Colin

Postby VidQueen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:18 am

bonalymac wrote:Jennifer

Thanks for the extra tutorial. If you are planning more, It would be really helpful if the vid names could start with 01, 02, 03 etc. The leading zero is usually necessary as well!

Since it appears that Screencast sort by file name, any new vids get added in the middle as appropriate. Makes it much more difficult to get to the new ones. If sorted numerically, its easier to get to where you want quickly!

Much appreciated tho!

Done! Great feedback....that should really help find the newest tutorials. They'll be at the end :D

Jennifer

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Tutorials