Masking Tutorial

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Masking Tutorial

Postby lombardo65 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:15 pm

Hello All,

First post on this site but have been reading other posts on here for sometime. Anyway, my question is this, within Proshows demo reel for masking there is a section that use moving bars to reveal multiple pictures at once. Does anybody know how this is achieved? I have searched the web and have not found a satisfactory answer.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Re: Masking Tutorial

Postby debngar » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:53 pm

It would help if you can point exactly to the place in the exact show to what you're trying to describe and share the link. Otherwise people who may try to help are just guessing. There might be a simple place to find the answer if members can see the real example you're referring to. :roll:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby lombardo65 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:00 am

here is a link to the demo reel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x-w0vZa ... ure=relmfu

the effect i'm looking for help with starts at 2min 15secs

Thanks

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:46 am

Without seeing their exact layer setup, I can't tell you with precision how they did it, but basically, they have several photos (at one point, I think I counted 5), each masked with a "bar," which would likely be an alpha mask--a solid bar on a field of transparency. The bars are panned back and forth from side to side. I didn't take note if the photos changed beneath those bars, but if not, they could.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Anna J » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:33 pm

I had a template for this that Abba posted on the forum years ago. I have since converted it to a Style. Looked for the post link on the forum tonight to send to Lombardo but couldn't find it. Contact me Lombardo and I'll put it in a ZIP file for you.
Anna J
Anna

Postby Anna J » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:47 pm

Ooops!
The forum member's name is Adda (Andreas) NOT Abba. Here's the forum topic link http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3229&st=0&sk=t&sd=a where you can download a Zip file he made.
Thanks Andreas! We miss you.
Anna
Anna

Return to PSP - Tutorials