Copy slides between shows

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Copy slides between shows

Postby CAPT VIDEO » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:00 am

I s it possible to copy slides from one show to another, such as the title and credit slides? If so how is it done?

Re: Copy slides between shows

Postby ginger » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:30 am

Hi,

Open the show and select the slide you want to copy. Use standard Windows functions like Control C to copy, then go to the show you want to copy the slide to, click on the timeline and use Control V to paste.

ginger

Postby CAPT VIDEO » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:45 am

Thanks, I tried that but when I paste to the new show the slide remains blank, this was done in a 25 slide partially completed show. I made up a 3 slide sample show and tried again, "wala" it worked fine.

Thanks again
Rick

Postby ginger » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:56 am

Yeah, I only tested it with one slide. Can't say how it will work with multiple slides, layers, etc. If it's just a title or credits slide, though, you can just do them one at a time.

Glad it's working.

ginger

Postby AMD » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi,

The copying between shows works for multiple slides; I do it fairly often. Just remember to collect your show files when you are finished with the show so they are all together in the same folder once the show is completed.

Ann

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:30 am

Depending on what you're doing, sometimes it's easier to open your 2 shows in a project, copying the slides from one show and pasting them into the other. When you have your shows in a project, you don't have to open and close shows.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby AMD » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:28 am

Yes, as Barbara indicated, using Projects really is much more efficient. Often, however, I am in the middle of a show and get a sudden thought that something I used in another show would be great in the current one--shows my lack of planning, for sure! Of course, if it is a heavy, more intensive show that I am currently using or want to "borrow" from, the copy and paste can be quite laborious and inefficient since one must wait for the shows to load.

Ann

Postby CAPT VIDEO » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:33 am

Thanhs all,

I tried by creating a project, then copy / paste. Much faster and eaiser. Great advice

Rick

Return to PSP - Tutorials