Some tutorials for PSP

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Some tutorials for PSP

Postby anitaemile » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:01 am

I created some tutorials on how to change the appearance of a layer. Not to overwhelm anyone I tried to keep it as simple as possible. Hope this will help some people getting ahead in utilizing their producer program.
Note: the adjustment layer you see in these images is a white solid layer with zoom x = 20 and zoom y = 100(I had to unlock the x and y zoom for this, which can be done by right clicking the little lock icon behind the x and y zoom in Effects>Motion Effects)
pan 40x0.

Anita.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE BRIGHTNESS SOMEWHERE IN YOUR IMAGE ( ADJUSTMENT LAYER DIMENSIONS DETERMINE THE PART OF THE IMAGE THAT WILL BE CHANGED)
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE COLORS AND BRIGHTNESS SOMEWHERE IN YOUR IMAGE ( ADJUSTMENT LAYER DIMENSIONS DETERMINE THE PART OF THE IMAGE THAT WILL BE CHANGED)
IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF YOUR ENTIRE IMAGE
WHAT CHANGING THE HUE WILL DO TO YOUR IMAGE ( COMPARE WITH COLOR CHANGE)

MASKING AND SHADOWING;
USING YOUR ORIGINAL IMAGE AS A MASK YOU CAN NOW ZOOM /PAN THE IMAGE WITHOUT CHANGING ITS BORDERS
USING A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL IMAGE AND CHANGING IT TO BLACK , APPLYING A BLUR , IS AN EASY WAY TO CREATE A SHADOW. YOU CAN OFFSET THIS LAYER A BIT TO CREATE A SHADOW LEFT, RIGHT, UP OR DOWN.
PLACE THIS LAYER UNDERNEATH THE ORIGINAL LAYER.

Re: Some tutorials for PSP

Postby swalloj » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:43 am

Thank you so very much for taking the time to do this tutorial for us. There are so many
helpful people here. I do have a question if you would be so kind?

I noticed that some of the colors you used in your styles change during the duration of the slide. How do you achieve that?

jack

Postby anitaemile » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Jack

To change colors over the duration of the slide or in between keyframes you don't change settings in the Layers>editing >adjustment settings, but instead you make changes in Effects>Adjustment Effects between the keyframes. So if you would like to change a hue , but would like to see the change appear between two keyframes you set different values for the hue for both the keyframes.
Hope this helps you .

Anita.

Esteemed Member

Postby skb1951 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks for the tutorials Anita. Every little bit helps. :D

Sue B
Whether you say you can, or whether you say you can't....you're right!

Proshow Producer 5.0.322, Adobe Elements 8.0, Canon t2i

Postby swalloj » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:59 pm

Much appreciated, thank you Anita.

Return to PSP - Tutorials