Transitions

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Transitions

Postby Pauline Collins » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:19 pm

I know that I should know this, but I have forgotten. I am getting confused with transitions. I put my choice of transition between two slides, and when I don't get the effect I want and go into the Slide Options" I find that there is a CUT transition there. Would appreciate some help with this please as it is driving me crazy.
Cheers Pauline

Re: Transitions

Postby cherub » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Hi Pauline,

Are you asking about transitions between slides ?

They are applied by pressing on the transitions in the timeline.
This will bring up the whole list of all the transitions available in Producer 4.5, by categories.

SLIDE TRANSITION:

There is no need to go into the slide.
In the slide itself, you can see the layer transitions, and indeed the default for layer transitions is a cutout.
If you press on the word "CUT" you will get the menu for layer transitions, and you can change that too.

LAYER TRANSITION

Postby Pauline Collins » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Thank you so much Mona for your reply. What was confusing me was. I choose a transition between the slides as you explain but when I play the slides it cuts off suddenly, So I went into the Slide options and see the "Cut" transition on the keyframe bar - I was wondering why this was not showing the transition I chose between the slides. Sorry if this is a strange question. I neve use to have problems with this. I thought it might be a new thing with 4.5 version.
Thanks again Pauline
Why would you have to change a transition in the Slide area if you have already chosen a transition between the slides

Postby cherub » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Pauline Collins wrote:Thank you so much Mona for your reply. What was confusing me was. I choose a transition between the slides as you explain but when I play the slides it cuts off suddenly, So I went into the Slide options and see the "Cut" transition on the keyframe bar - I was wondering why this was not showing the transition I chose between the slides. Sorry if this is a strange question. I never use to have problems with this. I thought it might be a new thing with 4.5 version.
Thanks again Pauline
Why would you have to change a transition in the Slide area if you have already chosen a transition between the slides

Pauline,
I still don't quite understand your question. Sorry about that.
The transition between slides is never shown in the slides options. You can only see it in the timeline. In the slide itself, you see only a graphic representation, in a lighter color, and it is simply marked as "transition".
The "cut" transition that you see belongs to the layer, as I explained above, and it has its purpose.

I think that the sudden cut that you see comes from one of the layers in either of the slides (before and after the transition).
To rectify this, place a 0 time transition between your slides, and scrub slowly below your major preview.
Try to notice if there are any possible causes for mistakes, such as: some layer exists the slide too soon, or enter too soon, if the masks cover your frames for the whole duration, things like that.

Postby Pauline Collins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Thank you so much Mona for your explanation, I had a memory lapse.
Cheers Pauline

Return to PSP - Tutorials