HOW TO: a few short tutorials for proshow producer

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

HOW TO: a few short tutorials for proshow producer

Postby anitaemile » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:02 am

ADDED 01-04-2011: HOW TO SUBTRACT TIME WITH MULTIPLE LAYERS

HOW TO CATEGORIZE TRANSITIONS
Go to the transitions you like to categorize and click on the white
“ manage transitions “ icon
This will bring up a new window
( see image 2 )
With the transition activated, click on the “categorize” button .
You can add a category or click the box for the category you want to store your transition .

HOW TO CHANGE IMAGE POSITION BEHIND MASK

If you want to change the position of your image behind a mask activate the image layer and right click in the first preview window in EFFECTS>MOTION EFFECTS and have Show layer and caption control activated. This will show theoutline of the image .
In this image you see there are 2 keyframes, and they have the same settings. You can now pull the image for kf1 to a different position and copy the settings to the last kf, or you can zoom the picture and have two different kf settings.
If you want the image to zoom and stay zoomed for a while you can add another kf. For the first kf position your image , for kf 2 zoom the image . Now drag kf 2 inwards and add another kf at the end of the time line. This kf will automatically copy the settings of the previous kf. Now the image zooms between kf1 and kf2 and stays zoomed between kf2 nd kf3

HOW TO CHANGE COLORS

How to change color of a layer :
You can change the color of a layer by going to
LAYERS>EDITING and change the HUE value, by dragging the slider
You can change the color by
Setting the color in the colorize box ( see image )

HOW TO FIND LAYER NOTES

Many layers come with layers notes. These notes contain written information about the layer . When you see a “ layer note” icon under the layer name in the layer stack you know there is a layer note.
At LAYERS>LAYER SETTINGS you will find the layer notes ( see image )
Last edited by anitaemile on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: HOW TO: a few short tutorials for proshow producer

Postby osharr » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:22 am

Anita ,
Thanks so much for taking the time to help others understand this wonderful program . I was wondering , has anyone done a tutorial on how to add or subtract time to a slide with out changing other keyframes etc . .
Thanks again ,
Ollie
If it ain't broke , don't fix it !

Postby anitaemile » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:23 am

Good idea Ollie. Will try to get that done too, whenever I have time.

Anita

Postby mdijkers » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:21 am

How To subtracting time from a slide
Go here to see keyframes from all layers

Subtracting time: this is a slide with a 10 second duration and 2 second trastition (yellow area)
Kf2 was added in the first layer to show where the trasition time starts.
:oops: IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to subtract time between kf2 and 3 in this case because those 2 seconds are in the transition time, and subtracting does not effect transition time
The safest way to subtract time is to make sure there are no keyframes ending in the subtraction time.

Here I pulled kf2 back to 7 seconds,right clicked on kf2 and subtracted 5 seconds.This is what happened: The transition time is still 2 seconds,the slide duration is now 7 seconds
(so that is only 3 seconds less than the original one)
The last kf's from those layers that did not have their last kf at the end of the slide are pushed back 3 seconds too.

Postby anitaemile » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:52 am

Posting this I notice the images are not really clear and it needs additional information:

I added the keyframe in the first layer and it might not be obvious why I did so. TO subtract time you need to subtract from a keyframe that is not in a transition time. So , would I have tried to subtract from the last keyframe ( kf3, which was at that time kf 2 ) nothing would have happened. The keyframe added is placed just in front of the transition time . If I would have left the kf on the edge of the transition time ( kf 2 at the beginning, kf 3 at the end of the transition time ) it would have taken time away from the transition. This does not shorten the length of the slide, leaving the styles intact. I then pulled keyframe 2 ( the added one) back to where I would want the slide to end and subtracted the time from that keyframe ( the time left between that second keyframe and the start of the transition).
In picture 3 the second keyframe is pulled back to where I want the slide time to stop, so I subtracted the time that was left between that second keyframe and the offset of the transition to bring the second keyframe to where the transition time starts.

I would advise anyone who is struggling with subtracting time to open a single slide with one layer , make the slide 10 seconds in duration and the transition 4. Go from there with experimenting subtracting time. Remember: you need to subtract from a keyframe that is NOT at the end of the transition time. You will need to add a keyframe before the transition time to be able to subtract time

I hope this is a bit more easier to understand.

Anita

Postby osharr » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Anita ,
Thanks for all the help to us producer challenged . Your the best !
Ollie
If it ain't broke , don't fix it !

Postby Betty Bierly » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Anita,
Thank you so much for the tutorials. I love how simple you made them, really good job!
Betty

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:37 am

Dear Anita,

These are great examples of 'a peak is worth a thousand words).

Thanks
pd
regards.
pd

Postby Oldguy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:29 am

You are great!!!!!

Thank You
Forrest

Return to PSP - Tutorials