Creating a Transition Using a Video File

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Creating a Transition Using a Video File

Postby VidQueen » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:47 am

Here is the add-on tutorial for creating transitions. This uses special video files with Alpha Channels.

Re: Creating a Transition Using a Video File

Postby Oldguy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:00 am

As usual Jennifer, you have made a GREAT tutorial!
Thanks

Forrest

Postby AMD » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:56 am

Jennifer, thanks so much!

Ann

Postby newtcruiser » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:22 am

Awesome Jennifer, just what I needed.

Linda :lol: :lol:

Postby videolove » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:45 am

Quoting Jennifer : Love it !!

Great tutorial , and to the point, very easy to understand.
Thank you so much ( again )

Marcela

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Jennifer,

I was just wondering if your brain rests at night? I know mine hasn't stopped creating since this new update. I wish I worked 4 hours a day and could play with ProShow 8 hours a day. I don't think I will have time to clean my house any time soon...
:lol:
Robin

Postby juicedownload » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Very nice video.

Thank you for sharing,
Tim

Postby Ron » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:52 pm

Hey Jen
Thanks for the tut... I just made a transition using your Sparkle Line overlay. I used 2 copies (4 counting masks)one a bit higher than the other and it came out great. Had to play around a bit to get it right but it looks great I think - so I must give you a double thank you!!
Ron
If you add a color layer to the mask you can make the sparkles any color you want - pretty cool stuff!!
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby VidQueen » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:14 am

Robino wrote:Jennifer,

I was just wondering if your brain rests at night?
Robin

Not really. What's worse is when I'm watching tv and I completely miss the concept of the show because I'm more interested in the effects!

@Ron....try a rainbow gradient layer....now that's super cool stuff!!! 8)

Jennifer

Postby Bighousedaddy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:40 am

Great lesson Jennifer... Where can I learn how to make video that has an alpha layer??? I have a couple of transition ideas I like to make...

Ken
Love and Peace
Kenn aka Bighousedaddy <><

Postby Bighousedaddy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:46 am

I just saw your video on this subject... Thanx

Ken
Love and Peace
Kenn aka Bighousedaddy <><

Postby VidQueen » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:54 am

Bighousedaddy wrote:Great lesson Jennifer... Where can I learn how to make video that has an alpha layer??? I have a couple of transition ideas I like to make...

Ken

I'm sure there are several programs out there, but the only one I am even remotely familiar with is Adobe After Effects.

Jennifer

Postby heckydog » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Bighousedaddy wrote:Great lesson Jennifer... Where can I learn how to make video that has an alpha layer??? I have a couple of transition ideas I like to make...

Ken

The video that was used in the demo didn't actually have an alpha layer. It used the video and then a black &white video created from the original that was used as a mask in PSP.

As Jennifer said, After Effects is one option for creating special effects, but even that doesn't create a file with built-in alpha channels. Knoll Light Factory has a free plugin for After Effects called Knoll Unmult that will create a pre-matted video from your video. Info here: http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/blog/20 ... mult-free/

You can see some examples of pre-keyed videos here: http://www.videocopilot.net/products/

Another program that can create special effects is Particle Illusion. It's a particle generator and they also have a plugin version for AE (I don't have the plugin). That also will allow you to create an alpha matte video that can be used as a mask in PSP. Info here: http://www.wondertouch.com

Another plugin for After Effects is Trapcode Particular. That is also a particle generator.

Joe

Postby VidQueen » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:22 pm

heckydog wrote:The video that was used in the demo didn't actually have an alpha layer. It used the video and then a black &white video created from the original that was used as a mask in PSP.

True...that black and white video file is generated from the Alpha channel in the original file. Diana lables those files in the name with the term "mask" I tend to label them with "Alpha".

heckydog wrote:As Jennifer said, After Effects is one option for creating special effects, but even that doesn't create a file with built-in alpha channels.

Actually, it actually does....but it really doesn't matter as ProShow can't read the built in Alpha Channel anyway....you have to render them separately, generating the extra file mentioned above.

Jennifer

Return to PSP - Tutorials