Where did I see this Unique Technique?

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
VPUA

Where did I see this Unique Technique?

Postby VPUA » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:07 am

I saw a tutorial somewhere for isolating headshots of individuals in a group photo. The particular example
used was a photo of bridesmaids in which the face of each young woman was extracted and brought forward, basically highlighting that person, then moved back, perfectly in place on the shoulders. I can't remember if I saw the technique on this forum or somewhere else. Does anyone have ideas on where I may have seen it?

Re: Where did I see this Unique Technique?

Postby im42n8 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:28 pm

I don't know about the specific example that you're talking about but there are a couple of techniques you can use.

The one I posted on the Yahoo group's site some few years ago used images that'd been edited in a photo editor. With Producer, that's no longer necessary.

You can create a mask with a vignette over a copy of a non-blurred image. The mask set is above the blurred image. Move the mask over the person you want to see / highlight. This is the basics of it. Once you get the hang of it, then you can zoom the masked image to that it can be larger. Move the mask around... and move the masked image as necessary so that when you mask is over where the person is that you want to see, the masked image is zoomed to be larger.

I don't know if that makes sense to you but, the vignetted mask will only show that part of the masked image that's directly underneath the mask. The vignetted mask is simply a white layer. Vignetting it can blur the edges. Make it oval or round or keep it square or rectangular. . . whatever.

That's the basics. Have fun!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

VPUA

Postby VPUA » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:23 am

Thank you, Dale. I have some basic knowledge of what you are talking about and will give it a try. Will let you know the outcome. Cheers!

Postby Tucker's Mom » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:00 am

I hope this is not too late a reply but I was looking for something when I came upon your message. This is called Wasp_Slide.doc . You can find this in the template section.
Izzie
Take care and be safe. If you can't be safe, at least be dangerous.
Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
A closed mouth gathers no feet...

VPUA

Postby VPUA » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Thank you! This was the example to which I was referring...just didn't know what it was called. I've followed the instructions with success--using ten people instead of the four in the example. Worked like a charm! Again, thank you!

Postby joan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:57 am

Hi everyone

I have looked for the Wasp_Slide in the templates folder, is it under a different name ? could anyone please point me in the right direction :D

Many Thanks

Joan
Photoshop CS3, Nikon D200,Nikon D300,
Nikon Capture.

Postby SandyB » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:07 am

Joan -
Is this the post you're looking for? :?:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12778&p=102288&hilit=wasp#p102288
Sandy
Connecting Who You Are With What You Love To Do

Return to PSP - Tutorials