Scrapping in PSP

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Scrapping in PSP

Postby trulytango » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:33 am

Hi

Not truly a tutorial as such, but may be of interest to some... simply the sharing of an idea :idea:

If you're a scrapper who's also into PSP - welcome to the dream-team! To see some samples of this idea in action, check out Sandy's thread in PSP Sample Shows:

http://proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15864

Fancy having a go? Here's how/what works for me! :lol:

http://www.photodex.com/share/lifeinpics/4x9w8mg4

TTFN
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Re: Scrapping in PSP

Postby TC Time » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Ohhh My!!!!! Thank You Iris for sharing your creative juices! Yes, Sandy was right, my head is double-spinning now!!! :D I can see that I'm not going to get much done this weekend (around the house) because I want to play, play, play! I'm going to be studying your tutorials and trying them out ~ THANK YOU!!!
:lol: TC
TCTime

Postby slideshower » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:17 am

Iris, another big THANK YOU! I never thought of using quick pages - a great idea! Lucie

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:31 am

Hi Iris,

This is a wonderful use for ProShow as long as the end quality is good enough for print work. Thanks for taking this further than I did to find a solution. I stopped at the idea when I saw the captured files were 72ppi because I thought the printed quality would not be acceptable. I really want to try something like this when I get the chance.

I'm going to tweak my capture pixel resolution setting in the program and see how that affects the way my screen captures look!
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Iris, you did a phenomenal job showing how scrapbooking and PSP can become wonderful partners. Maybe you should post this in the show-sharing section to get more people fired up about it. Or build a full-length scrapbook show. You're vastly overdue!

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby trulytango » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:10 am

Hi Barbara

Yes... PSP is a wonderful way to animate a scrapbook. I'd love to get stuck into another one, but they really are a labour of love... not exactly something you can just throw together. However, my sister and her family (including my two great-nephews) are off to Greece next week, so maybe I will have a Summer Scrapbook to do very soon!

My original scrapbook-style show, can still be viewed here:

http://trulytangotemplates.wordpress.com/scrapbooks/

TTFN
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:03 am

It strikes me as odd that more people who use PSP haven't yet discovered the way scrapbooking and slide shows handshake perfectly. Is it because folks think a scrapbook is a "girlie" sort of thing? It's this only if a person chooses to make it so. Just as with PSP, a scrapbook can be in any style a person chooses--masculine, sporty, youthful, soft, hard...anything at all. It's more a focus on layering than it is anything else, and since ProShow knows all about layering, it's really no more than a shift in point in of view and one that can improve a slide show. Digital scrapbooking is light years beyond bits of paper and lace and pressed flowers taped onto pages.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Tutorials