What IS a Keyframe?! (Tutorial)

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

What IS a Keyframe?! (Tutorial)

Postby VidQueen » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:12 am

Hi Folks!

I've been asked by several people to put together a basic, basic, basic Keyframing tutorial. This is for people new to the program who have never even heard the term before. For those of you who already know about keyframing you could watch it too...and get a good laugh at my extremely amateurish stick figure drawing :wink:

Enjoy!
Jennifer

Re: What IS a Keyframe?! (Tutorial)

Postby rdurga » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:39 am

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome back.

No matter how much I learned, it is always a pleasure to watch your tutorials with your soothing voice.

ram

Postby VidQueen » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:40 pm

LOL! Thanks ram :D

I have to admit, I often put my husband to sleep with only the sound of my voice :lol:

Jennifer

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Very nice Jennifer -- your daughter is very cute, but that stick figure WOW !!!!!!! :lol:
Well done as usual -- don't worry about your voice putting your husband to sleep - it works for all wives :twisted:
One thing worth mentioning here is the fact that keyframes are not something that is Producer specific -- you will find them an all sorts of video editing and animation software so for those folks that think it is only Producer, you will find them in Sony Vegas, Blufftitler, Adobe Premiere etc.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby VidQueen » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:00 pm

gpsmikey wrote:One thing worth mentioning here is the fact that keyframes are not something that is Producer specific -- you will find them an all sorts of video editing and animation software so for those folks that think it is only Producer, you will find them in Sony Vegas, Blufftitler, Adobe Premiere etc.

mikey

So true, so true. In fact I cut my teeth on Keyframing in the mid 1990s with After Effects. Keyframing has been around for a long time and has been integrated into more animation/video production software programs than you can shake a stick figure at :lol:

Jennifer

Postby HunnyB » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Well, don't ever think that your tuts are just for beginners. I learned something new. :shock:
THANKS!!!!
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby Ron » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi Jennifer
Nice to see you posting. Loved your stick figures, you have a cutie for a daughter and If you ever get around to do the same for Modifiers I would send a Million Dollars your way, I just have a mental block.
Thanks for Sharing
Ron
PS: I know a million isn't what it use to be!
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby rdurga » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:02 pm

VidQueen wrote:
I have to admit, I often put my husband to sleep with only the sound of my voice

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

He is a lucky man to have you by his side.

Your daughter is very cute. You must have made a couple of slideshows with her as the main attention. Pl select a nice slideshow and share with us.

ram

Postby johnmac2007uk » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:06 am

Hi Jennifer:
I nice little kickstart to keyframing.
"Still Trying To Get To Grips With It"

Thanks for the Tutorial, as i was one of your requestee's.

John.
John Robert McNally
Gateshead
Tyne & Wear
United Kingdom

Postby johnmac2007uk » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:06 am

Hi Jennifer:
I nice little kickstart to keyframing.
"Still Trying To Get To Grips With It"

Thanks for the Tutorial, as i was one of your requestee's.

John.
John Robert McNally
Gateshead
Tyne & Wear
United Kingdom

Postby VidQueen » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:09 am

John....did it help at all? I never really know how to approach these types of tutorials. Most of the time the person just wants to learn all of keyframing easily....which just isn't possible. It takes the same amount of time and dedication to learn as a 3 hour College course, to be quite honest. If I missed the mark or you're still confused about somethings, please let me know.

Ron...a Million Dollars!!!! (Wide eyed extreme close up with pinky extended to the corner of my mouth). Sure, I could do that :wink: I honestly don't use that feature as much as I should. I'll plan to dive in and really focus on that feature in the next few weeks.

ram....I actually hesitated to put her picture in the tut. After doing a little random search a few weeks ago I found one of my tutorials on a website based in China. Not that you could easily pull a photo out of a YouTube Video, but the internet is still a pretty scary place and I have been trying very hard to resist putting my own daughters in my videos. As my website customer base grows I need to become a little more protective of their images. But, yes.....she's pretty darned cute :wink: ....aaaaaaand she knows it :cry:

Jennifer

Postby rdurga » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:26 am

Jennifer,

I fully understand. In fact I had second thoughts when I made that request.

Yes, there are many ways to extract info from the internet. We have to be very carefull on what we post.

ram

Postby jgsjarz » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:13 am

Jennifer,

You really have a talent for bringing complicated concepts down to a basic level. Love all your tutorials!

Janet

Esteemed Member

Postby skb1951 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:26 am

Dear Jennifer,

I just want to thank you soooooo very much for ALL the tutorials that you do. I have watched all of the ones on your web site, as well as several on ProShow Enthusiasts and You Tube.

I purchased your drop n drag package and have really enjoyed it. After viewing this tutorial, I now better understand how things work. I'm working very hard on "mastering" key frames. Honesty, I have a long way to go so every tutorial and any information I can get certainly helps.

I have posted several questions on PS Enthusiasts and each time the response has been overwhelming.

Thanks again for being so helpful and helping me with the BIG learning of curve of ProShow Producer.

Sue
Whether you say you can, or whether you say you can't....you're right!

Proshow Producer 5.0.322, Adobe Elements 8.0, Canon t2i

Postby BZawlocki » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:11 am

Jennifer -

Great tutorial - you're an excellent teacher.

Today, I played with keyframes - made a couple of errors but then went back re-viewed your video and finally got Producer to do what I wanted.

Thanks so much!

Bill

Next

Return to PSP - Tutorials