What IS a Keyframe?! (Tutorial)

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Re: What IS a Keyframe?! (Tutorial)

Postby cliving2 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:49 pm

Jennifer,

Your tutorial was great! The stick figure was just right and comical. I enjoyed it very much.

I've had a mental block about Keyframes since they appeared in Producer. For me, it's difficult like Calculus was way back in school.

I love your work. Keep up the great work!

Carolyn

Postby Oldguy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:08 pm

Jenifer
Your tutorials are so much better than Photodex.
( except the ones you did for them) When I first
got started I watched a Photodex tutorial, had
trouble understand the young lady. ( my fault as
hearing impaired and fast talking looses me,
happens in church all the time) Any way not
only the speech, but you explain very well!!!!
Thanks

Forrest

jkerr

Postby jkerr » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:41 pm

VidQueen,

I note you posted your tutorial back in March, so I wanted you to know that it is still helping. Since "free" will not buy that cute daughter any dresses, or music lessons, or (I hate to say it after three children) braces, I wanted to at least send my heartfelt thanks to you.

I have been with an inferior product for seven years when I started producing DVDs of a pro athlete son to market his talents. I finally had to pay a pro to remove the product from my laptop because it refused to go. I researched and found PSP. You are correct. Each dern button is a college course, but what an education! It is so stable, and for us cowboys who will save our work "after the next keystroke or photo," that is a Godsend.

From reading the comments, I am very happy to see that you have other tutorials out there. I will find them. I'm not blowing smoke up your skirt. You have a calling. I purchased the PSP User Guide, but reading a book is not like having a good, common sense teacher. You called your tutorial basic, basic, basic, and it would have answered to its title if you had stopped at keyframe 2. When you went to keyframe 3, it opened up the next level so I understood what the app could do past the basic. (I admit I had to rewind a couple of times.)

I am going to Austin in hopes of finding more teachers like you so I don't have to learn by trial and error or by holding a book in one hand and hitting keystrokes with fingers on the other. With Agent Orange gaining a recent toehold from '69, I don't have the luxury of planting a whole lot of saplings. I thank you very much for the gift.

JJK

Postby VidQueen » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:11 am

Hi JJK,

Thank you so much for your kind words! That means a lot to me....it really does :D

I have a library of free tutorials on my website; you can watch them all here.

I have to say, every now and then I go out and look for other programs that might be catching onto the ProShow bullet train. None of them come close. Many of them are easier to use, that goes without saying, but the reason they're easy to use is because you can't do anything in them! I'll trade easy for the ability to fully realize my artistic creation any day :wink:

I'll see you in Austin!

Jennifer

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:35 am

I want to jump in here, too. Your tutorials are the best anywhere with your calm, nonchalant teaching manner-- you make us feel that we can conquer ProShow with the same ease as you do. Can't wait for your classes in Austin :D

Robin

Postby Davy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:40 pm

Great tutorial Jennifer. I have had this programme for ages and have finally decided to get into it in more detail, and I must say I enjoy your simple, yet effective way of teaching.

Thank you for taking the time to share your skills with us lesser mortals.

Davy.

corrie

Postby corrie » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:04 am

Hi Jennifer,

I have just watched your tutorial and found it most informative. It has also taught me how to pause an action without having to resort to creating another frame and then 'copying end to next frame.' Many thanks - loved your drawings, do you take commissions? (LOL)

Best wishes

Corrie

Postby gpvideodesigns » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:55 am

i Jennifer,
Your tutorials are such a wonderful gift. You explain things so well. I love that I can go over and over them to get just what I need. I have become addicted to Your site and have purchased so many of your things. You're very talented and You make a great contribution. Keep it up us rookies need You.
Thank You,
Susan

Previous

Return to PSP - Tutorials