Masking 101

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Masking 101

Postby VidQueen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi Folks!

Sorry it took so long to post this one....

This tutorial is based on the little online class that I gave back in October. It's 20 minutes long, which meant I couldn't put it on YouTube. So, this tutorial comes your way via Vimeo:

http://choicebackgroundsserver.com/arti ... cles_id=17

Happy masking!

Jennifer

Re: Masking 101

Postby texan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Another outstanding FREE contribution from the Queen of Vid........

Thank you Jennifer

and Happy Holidays
Texan

Postby bellzerr » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:09 pm

Excellent, excellent! No matter how many times I watch tips on masking, I always pickup more helpful information. Thanks for this Jennifer!
Mark

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:59 pm

Ditto on what the boys said already! Can't tell you how much I appreciate your efforts to help us all learn!

Thank you.

Regards,
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Postby AMD » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:14 pm

Thanks, Jennifer! Wonderful tutorial. I have your snowfall video and have used it in my family "Christmas Cards."

Ann

Postby cherub » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:41 pm

Good tutorial Jennifer!
Some other nice effects can be achieved under the mask of the snow globe, such as having several pictures appear one after the other (multiple layers of pictures).

For some inspiration you can look at my Winter Template, done last year, and which uses the very same techniques.
I didn't use a video for the falling snow, but rather a png static picture, since Producer can "let the snow fall" all on its own. :D

Winter Template

Since we don't get much snow in my part of the world, this template is based on pictures given to me by Mikey (gpsmikey). Thanks Mikey !

Postby tomdavis » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:16 pm

Wow!!!!! Fantastic Jenn. I watched this once but you can bet I will watch it several times, make notes, and practice and practice till I get it right. Just watch a show deb put together and liked the masking. Come on back with more tutorials, will ya? Have a great holiday with your family!!!!!!

Tom

Postby heckydog » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:52 am

Great refresher course.

Masks and their use haven't been an issue for me but your tutorial once again reminds me how much can be done from within PSP without having to rely on 3rd party software/plugins. Deb also likes to illustrate that point and does it quite well.

With two smart ladies beating me over the head with the PSP baseball bat you'd think I'd learn by now. :roll:

Thanks again for freely sharing your mastery of this program.

Joe

tmax

Postby tmax » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 am

Jennifer,

I just gave the snowglobe a try. It worked out so well! Thanks so much for sharing all your knowledge with us. As a novice to this whole Producer program, I always find your tutorials to be informative and easy to follow. Maybe you should be contacting Photodex to see if you could run their online classes.

thanks again,

Max

Postby ChrissyC » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi Jennifer, Merry Christmas to you and yours.......I attended your class and was eagerly awaiting these tutorials..watching you right on your computer listening to you, was so COOL and I cannot wait for your next class....I know....after Christmas :D
thanks Jennifer!!
Chrissy

Postby Astra » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:14 pm

Jennifer,
thank you very much for your great instructions,

Alexandra

Return to PSP - Tutorials