Transitions Vol. 1

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Transitions Vol. 1

Postby rkligman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:29 pm

I talk about Transitions in this tutorial. 12 minutes long. Although identified as Vol. 1, this is not an introduction to Transitions. It's just the first tutorial on the subject. The purpose of the tutorial is to introduce you to the fact that Transitions are not just limited to being in between slides. They can be used on any Keyframe.

You can view it here: Click here to view the tutorial on MyCityPhotoGuide.com
Rick Insane Diego...

Re: Transitions Vol. 1

Postby cherub » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi Rick,

As I said in your other tutorial post, I just love how you make your tutorials !!

Using the Adjustment Layer as an example, is brilliant. However, I think that you should have explained first (and briefly) what an adjustment layer is, since this is a new feature of Producer 4 too. Maybe Adjustment Layers could be the subject of your next tutorial ?

Also, you write:
The purpose of the tutorial is to introduce you to the fact that Transitions are not just limited to being in between slides. They can be used on any Keyframe

You also say this in the tutorial - that transitions can be applied to any layer and to any keyframe.

That is not quite right, and you saying this might create a bit of confusion.
Layer transitions can be applied only to the entering keyframe and the exiting keyframe. In between, a layer can have lots and lots of other keyframes, but no transition can be applied to any of these other keyframes.

And, one other thing:
I would have liked to see you mention a transition of 0 between slides, and how layer transitions can accomplish the rest. Instead, you plunge into having both a slide transition and a layer transition at the same time. I find this a bit confusing too for a tutorial.

Just my two cents, as they say.
And, many many thanks for making these tutorials available to all.

All my best,

Postby rkligman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:38 pm

All excellent points. I was working on some stuff tonight and realized that I might have said you could put a transition on any keyframe. As you said, it's only the first and last keyframes for a layer that have that ability.

PS. LOL. My tutorials aren't already long enough? When I did the Blur show I was hoping to get it done in about 90 seconds. After it was finished I saw it was 4 minutes. I'm trying to be a little more focused to keep the times down. Although I do like to try and fully explain things, hence the 28 minute tutorials!
Rick Insane Diego...

Postby rkligman » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:30 am

I've placed a Correction in the tutorial for the Keyframe mistake
Rick Insane Diego...

Return to PSP - Tutorials