Frame effects for PSP - Trulytango Tutorials

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Re: Create a circular frame in PSP

Postby videolove » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 am

Iris great tutorial . Thanks !
I guess saving it as a template would be the next step for me, so I won't have to repeat it every time.

Thanks Dale for your follow up , too bad you can't do a visual tutorial, but will try to follow you slowly to further understand what you're trying to explain.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:28 am

Thank you Iris. Great tutorial and easily followed.

Rosemary

Postby trulytango » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi

Just a quick note to advise that I added a couple more framing tutorials to the initial post in this thread - might as well have them all in one place :D

Regards
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby silverfox » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanks Iris .... Fantabulous!

Julie B

Re: Frame effects for PSP - Trulytango Tutorials

Postby Julie B » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:34 am

Okay...........assuming I'm stupid at this point, since I'm a newbie, I'm doing the cookie cutter frame and all is working well with one exception. The second frame, which I colorized to red is not showing red when it goes around the frame. What the heck am I doing wrong. I feel a bit stupid asking this since everyone here got this in a heartbeat except me!! :cry:

Postby trulytango » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:49 pm

Julie B wrote:Okay...........assuming I'm stupid at this point, since I'm a newbie, I'm doing the cookie cutter frame and all is working well with one exception. The second frame, which I colorized to red is not showing red when it goes around the frame. What the heck am I doing wrong. I feel a bit stupid asking this since everyone here got this in a heartbeat except me!! :cry:

When you say it's not showing as red? Is it showing at all... it needs to be slightly larger than the layer/shape above it in order to be seen. Have a good look at the settings for the different layers in the sample .psh file that you downloaded along with the shapes, hopefully it'll help you get where you want to be with this effect.

Regards
Iris :D
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Julie B

Postby Julie B » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:34 pm

Yes, both of the bottom cookie cutters are showing, but they aren't showing the colors that I made them. The effect is there, but not with the colors.

Postby trulytango » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:18 am

Hi Julie :D

First up, in the sample show (and the assortment of shapes I bundled up) the white cookie cutters cannot be colorized - they will always be white no matter what you try to do with it using Colorize. If you are using the sample files and don't want white i.e. you want a couple of contrasting colors around your image, right-click on that particular layer and use the 'Select File' feature and replace the white shape with a mid-grey one... or in the case of the heart, the mid-grey or the dark grey. I provided a white one as I thought it would be a popular, quick option for most people, as it can sometimes be fiddly achieving a pure white with the colorizer. Hope that helps.

To colorize the grey cookie cutter in PSP go to Slide Options>Layers>Editing>Colorize and select the layer you want to work on. Check the Colorize box and click the little 'Set' button, choose a color from the color wheel and then click 'Set Color'. Your color should now be applied. There is a similar 'Colorizer' to be found within Slide>Backgrounds and in the sample I used it to change the original color of my background image from pink to orange - to match the picture I used.

A few additional hints and tips for everyone
In the little sample, the images and effects (all layers) are centrally placed... this was just to set folks up and running, to see what's going on etc. If you want to have your image/cookie cutter effect going on elsewhere in the slide, or want to add zoom/pan to the ensemble, then I suggest you first position your image and the top masking layer and apply any zoom or pan at this point. From there you can simply right-click the top masking shape and choose 'Duplicate Layer'. The new layer will have all the attributes you just set and you need only to move them down the layers stack so they appear at the bottom - then just tweak the size to get the thickness of border you want.

TTFN
Iris

Julie B

Postby Julie B » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:12 am

Thanks! That helped emensely! I'm a bit keyframing illiterate at this point as well, so I think that was part of the problem! Thanks again!

Ross Alexander

Postby Ross Alexander » Wed May 12, 2010 8:37 pm

I just found this, and had the aha moment! thank you Iris!

Postby trulytango » Thu May 13, 2010 12:37 am

Hi Ross

Happy to hear that :D

Iris

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Thu May 13, 2010 11:15 am

I'm having trouble viewing all but the third show - Presenter crashes. Anyone else having problems?

Des Thomas

Postby trulytango » Fri May 14, 2010 7:42 am

Just checked and they're all playing fine at this end.

Maybe the server over on Photodex has a bout of indigestion/show overload :lol:

TTFN
Iris

Postby Astra » Sat May 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Iris,
that was a great tutorial and examples. :)

Another nudge into: "starting-thinking-in-different-way-how-to-use-the-program"

Thanks,
Alexandra

Postby drury » Sun May 16, 2010 10:45 am

Hi Iris, I'm not ignoring you, but sound card on my PC down and making life difficult. Hope to get this sorted out at my Computer Club on Tuesday evening. Sounds as though others too are benefitting from your kind link to your tutorials. With sound back I hope to benefit myself too. Managed to get a nice grey background with a 1px line frame and pic inside - even got it to zoom, but did not take notes as to what I did! Will do so when I get my PC back to normal. Or was it just luck? Just one thing - can I ask if you are getting your white frame to a pic using the vignette and that is why it is more chunky than my 1px line as you are using 102% zoom? Cheers, and thanks again, Derek

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Tutorials