Frame effects for PSP - Trulytango Tutorials

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Re: Frame effects for PSP - Trulytango Tutorials

Postby Oldguy » Sun May 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Truely Appreciated!!
I learned several things.

Forrest

Postby trulytango » Sun May 16, 2010 1:17 pm

drury wrote:Hi Iris, I'm not ignoring you, but sound card on my PC down and making life difficult. Hope to get this sorted out at my Computer Club on Tuesday evening. Sounds as though others too are benefitting from your kind link to your tutorials. With sound back I hope to benefit myself too. Managed to get a nice grey background with a 1px line frame and pic inside - even got it to zoom, but did not take notes as to what I did! Will do so when I get my PC back to normal. Or was it just luck? Just one thing - can I ask if you are getting your white frame to a pic using the vignette and that is why it is more chunky than my 1px line as you are using 102% zoom? Cheers, and thanks again, Derek

Hi Derek.

I posted a reply and a sample for you to download in the your Maltese Garden show thread - you'll be able to see the settings and play around with them if you like... here's a quick link to the other thread:

http://proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15390

Regards
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby trulytango » Sun May 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi Alexandra and Forrest :D

Glad to hear you found the samples interesting or useful

Regards
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby drury » Sun May 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi Iris, Having trouble with my thin Frame slide style. I thought I had cracked it, but getting a problem with a double frame. I posted a short show about framing on Photodex site where slide 2 and 4 have this effect and no matter how I play around with zoom I cannot get rid of it. Now I personally have trouble with watching shows on the Photodex site as they take 30 minutes buffer even 4 pics or lock up my PC completely and I can only do one thing switch the power off. My problem, I hope can be seen I hope by you at
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8977&alb=0
Hoping it plays for you - I dare not try to see if it's correct - did not have the Malta opening when I sent it through, but maybe that's my fault when I downloaded the 5 pics show.
One thing will be interesting - does the white highlight in the background stay horizontal with you? Every time I start to work and open Producer with this background it goes to an angle - reported this month's ago, but still a problem.
Cheers, Derek

Postby trulytango » Mon May 24, 2010 10:54 am

Hello Derek

Yes, I can see the double frame effect happening on the 2nd and 4th slides, but without seeing the inner workings and layers within your show, I'm afraid I can't be too exact re what is going wrong... on the face of it, there's a discrepancy in the sizing of your layers, or one of the images has an outline applied. I saw you mention here, and in the other thread, that you created your own slide style, so are you saying that you have applied the exact same style to each of those slides in turn? You have not by any chance applied a slightly different version of the style to slides 2 and 4 (it's easy to confuse yourself when creating and saving styles, especially if you made several before you were happy), other than that, maybe you inadvertantly made some further tweaks to the settings of those slides after style has been applied?

With regards to the white highlight/gradient background, it looked pretty level to me at this end, though my eyesight isn't perfect.

Derek, if you would like to send me one of the images from your camera, I'd be happy to redo the style and test it for you... I could add a gradient background for now, and then when I send it back you could apply the style, change the gradient settings only and then resave the style. You can send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll do it by return.

On a point of interest though Derek, in your other thread I pointed you towards some new free styles offered by Dale here on the Forum - it sounds like one of them achieves a very similar effect to what we've been doing, and there are a couple of others too that might be a useful addition for you.

Here's the link to Dale's thread:

http://proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15481

Bye for now
Iris :D

Postby drury » Tue May 25, 2010 1:39 am

Hi Iris, Only one slide style (the only one I've made) applied to all the pics in the short show. Would love to send you the style to see where I've gone wrong, and original jpegs if required, but have no email address for you and your site does not seem to allow messages. I signed up for 'blog' on your website - don't know what that ever is - at 85 I'm not with it I suppose - but did give my email address there. Can you pick me up that way please? Had trouble with my hotmail address and spam so would prefer not to give it to you via this forum, and you'll be in the same boat, but your kind further help with the problem I'm having is very much appreciated. Unfortunately on hols next week with The Boss to have alook at East Anglia so Producer will be getting a miss. Cheers, Derek PS Will look at the link you've given me, and also involved with Photodex over it showing problems with gradient backgrounds which they have now said should have been sorted out.

Postby becky_calif » Tue May 25, 2010 6:33 am

Iris,

I've looked at your tutorials a few times when time permits and always take something away with me.
It's very generous that you took the time to present something like this to the group. Your gesture is
much appreciated.
Becky
Becky

Postby drury » Sat May 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi Iris, Would love to send you an Image and the Style I have made, but how please as I cannot see how you can make an attachment on this site to get to you. Cheers, Derek PS In the meantime I have downloaded Dale's Styles, but still struggling with one that seems to be near what I am wanting. Cheers, Derek

Postby trulytango » Sat May 29, 2010 3:43 pm

Derek... I sent you a private message with my e-mail address.

Iris

Postby drury » Sun May 30, 2010 6:57 am

Hi Iris, Liked the sound of your last message that I can get in touch with you privately in the hope of sorting this masking problem. Looked at my normal email address and indeed my hotmail one - nothing. I have again signed up for the email subscription on your trulytango templates page using my normal email address. Can you get it from there and repeat your email please? Away for 5 days tomorrow so hope to get your address on my return. Cheers, Derek PS Dale has kindly tried to help, but I am still rather lost as he seems to be approaching the problem with a different solution, i.e. a solid colour mask.

Postby trulytango » Sun May 30, 2010 7:09 am

Derek

Please note, the message I sent was a Provate Message here on Proshow Enthusiasts. Look at the top of the screen, and next to 'Control Panel, you will see the messages feature.

In the meantime I will send an identical note to your e-mail address.

Regards
Iris

Previous

Return to PSP - Tutorials