Drag and Drop into Layer List

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Drag and Drop into Layer List

Postby VidQueen » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:35 am

I recently found out about this feature. One that I'm sure has been there forever. Mr. Vernon Robinson pointed it out to me and I decided that as soon as I was done banging my head against my desk I would post a tutorial about it!

Jennifer

Re: Drag and Drop into Layer List

Postby Anna J » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:47 am

Jennifer,
I had recently discovered this feature to add a photo to a slide but did not know I could use it to fill in a style or change the photo on a layer. So, "Yay" to Vernon and "Yay" to Jennifer!
Thanks for sharing this time-saving feature. And thanks to Photodex for putting this info in the User Manual. :lol:
Anna
Anna

Postby silverfox » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:40 am

3 cheers for Vernon and Big Thank You to you for the video ... you are the Vid Queen!
Thanks

Postby debngar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:58 am

Jennifer,

I'm not totally sure but think this was introduced with the advent of Version 4. It is nice as you say because some styles/template layers can be hard to populate if the user inputs images via the slide time line to do that or the select file feature option which is timely and cumbersome.

Good tutorial for anyone's benefit! :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby marmart » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:14 am

BAM! I LOVE this feature! You sound like Emeril on this video...add a little spice to your video with this brand new feature (: Thank you Vernon and Jennifer. This has been one of my biggest pet peeves - the un-user friendliness of adding photos in these kinds of cases.

I am thrilled beyond measure! BAM!!

Mary

Postby VidQueen » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:23 am

LOL!!!

I was so tempted to add some cooking tips in there as well!! Lucky for you, I chose not to. I'm not that great of a cook.

I just wanted to get this out there, not because I thought no one else knew about it, but because I've been telling everyone in all my tutorials to do the Select File thing....this is WAY easier!!

BAM! Now, go make some awsome shows! :D

Jennifer

Postby cherub » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:34 am

debngar wrote:Jennifer,
I'm not totally sure but think this was introduced with the advent of Version 4. It is nice as you say because some styles/template layers can be hard to populate if the user inputs images via the slide time line to do that or the select file feature option which is timely and cumbersome.
Good tutorial for anyone's benefit! :D

Version 3.5 actually.
This is how Photodex defined it when it was introduced:
Added ability to drop images / videos into "Contents of Slide" list in Slide Options when at least one layer exists.

A bit hard to understand, but I tried to figure out what they meant then, and I have been using this method ever since.
I also have a tutorial about this on my site (silent one though, with just some screen shots :D ).

Postby VidQueen » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:39 am

I am waaaaaaaaaay behind on this feature! At least I finally found it :D

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:40 am

Thanks Vernon and Jennifer for making those of us who were not aware of this feature aware of it! What a time saver this will be. Thanks again.

Postby VidQueen » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:50 am

cherub wrote:Version 3.5 actually.
This is how Photodex defined it when it was introduced:
Added ability to drop images / videos into "Contents of Slide" list in Slide Options when at least one layer exists.

They've upgraded it since then, too, I guess....you can add a photo this way when there are no layers, just a blank slide :D

skiyak

Postby skiyak » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:51 am

You can also drag and drop through Windows Explorer as well. I find this is useful if I'm pulling pictures from different folders that may not be too close together e.g. a folder that's in My Pictures, and a folder that's on another external drive. Just make sure if there's a specific layer you want it to appear, that it is highlighted in blue, otherwise, as Jennifer said, you will add a new layer.

wendy

Postby VidQueen » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:53 am

I am just SO laughing at myself right now!!! I am so giddy about finding something that most of you already knew about!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:53 am

Hi Jennifer,
This is fantastic! Thank you so much Jennifer and Vernon for enlightening us with this awesome drag and drop feature.

Hugs,
Stephanie

PS-Adorable pic of you and your daughter.
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Esteemed Member

Postby rlsu » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:56 pm

Thanks Jennifer. It's great to learn new tips and shortcuts!
Michelle
Michelle

jeweliek

Postby jeweliek » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:13 pm

THANK YOU
I love this!!!

Next

Return to PSP - Tutorials