page curl effect

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
Esteemed Member

Re: page curl effect

Postby shazmark » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:28 am

Tnx Dale,
you are fantastic to share your great tallents with us.
just one question.
how can i get it to standard format.
kindest most thankfull regards
sharon

Postby im42n8 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:56 am

To get it in 4:3 format, just change the screen ratio to 4:3 and then .... start messing with the timing and the zoom values on the page curl image. HINT: work with only 1. Once you've got the zooms correct then duplicate it for your top layer and change it to 50% opacity. Turn it off when you then try to adjust the mask movement and rotation to match the location of the page curl graphic at various spots. Also, do it with the mask graphic when it is NOT a mask!

It's all in the timing! It may take awhile so be patient!

Dale

Esteemed Member

Postby shazmark » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:04 pm

tnx Dale
I will give it a go
cheers
sharon

Postby trulytango » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:24 am

im42n8 wrote:Brian!

(after this, you watch, Photodexs' Style Pack II will have a page curl effect style ... :? )

Enjoy!

Dale

Hi Dale!

Many thanks for posting this Page Curl effect (along with the recent - and equally brilliant Rollup efect too) - these are very generous gestures and I for one, appreciate this dearly. I'm a very visual learner so it's a real treat to get to study the mechanics of the effects and understand what makes them tick.

Well done Dale - if by chance something similar does materialise in a Photodex Style Pack, we won't forget where we saw it first :wink:

THANK YOU 8)

In admiration
Iris :D

Postby newtcruiser » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:37 am

My thanks also Dale, awesome effect. I love them.

Linda :lol:

Postby im42n8 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Iris, Linda,

Thanx! Glad I could help! Styles make it so much easier to create this effect, don't they! :D

Dale

nhokhi

Postby nhokhi » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:47 am

im42n8 wrote:I've submitted two styles for a page curl effect to Mike.

The first style (Page Curl) needs only two landscape images. Layer 1 is the Initial Image and layer 2 the Next image.

The 2nd style (Page Curl with Portrait Image) adds a complicating factor: a portrait image in the middle of the screen. In this case, you will place your INITIAL Image in Layer 1, your PORTRAIT image in Layer 2, and your NEXT Image in Layer 3. The style will use your images in this order!

[UPDATE]
I included a PSH file (template style: that is, missing the images) that should be usable in Producer ver 3.x. It may give you an error message saying it was created in a newer version. However, no v4 specific features were used so it should work just fine.

This is the Demo (Demo 1: various speeds; Demo 2: random images used)
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=148411

Dale

Sir's

Good day sir. May i request for your page curl/peel? and some of your grate effects/styles. pls. send it to my e-mail n.i.c.o.lazana@gmail.com I was so amazed by the effect and i'm a newbie in proshow which is i want to create something for my girlfriend and i want her to be more happy by making a slide for her. thank you very much. :wink:

nhokhi

Postby nhokhi » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:48 am

Good day sir's. May i request for your page curl/peel? and some of your grate effects/styles. pls. send it to my e-mail n.i.c.o.lazana@gmail.com I was so amazed by the effect and i'm a newbie in proshow which is i want to create something for my girlfriend and i want her to be more happy by making a slide for her. thank you very much. :wink:

Postby im42n8 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:27 pm

You can find a copy of the page curl effect here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11175

It should work for you. As a newbie, it'll take you awhile to figure out how the effect was done. It requires visualization, a good knowledge of how PSP works, understanding keyframes, and knowledge of masking. Even those who've used the program for awhile have a tough time getting a handle on this particular effect. It's not as simple as it looks!

Good luck!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Previous

Return to PSP - Tutorials