border for photo

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

border for photo

Postby dunnll » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:03 am

I have watched many slideshows where there is a picture and a border line around it begins on one side and then fully surrounds the picture. I am not sure if I am describing it correctly. I have searched under borders or vignettes and haven't found the instructions how to make a line move around a picture. Can anyone direct me to where I would find these instructions? Also, is there a way to make this border or a vignette border default for every slide?
Thank you.
Lori

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: border for photo

Postby stickgirl » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:22 am

Hopefully this is what you are looking for. The effect is done with a transition. Check out Barbara K's short show on how it is accomplished.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6804&alb=0

Kathy

Postby im42n8 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:39 am

There's another, albeit similar, way of doing it.

Create a layer (solid or gradient) that's got the same ratio sides as the original image. The larger the layer (but with the same ratio between sides) the better (because when you set the zoom, the larger sized layer will have smaller increases when you increase the zoom by each 1%). Set it up with the same screen size (fit to frame, fit to safe zone, etc) as the original image. Now, increase the zoom of the layer to where you have a border the size that you want around the image.

With the keyframes, adjust the layers' timing to when you want the frame to begin showing. Then, select your transition in for the effect you want. The radar ones will provide a circular appearance you want. Adjust the length of transition in time to how fast you want the border to appear.

The advantage of this approach over the other is that you can change the edge and color (as in multi-color) and zoom and blur and opacity ... etc ... independent of the image. If you use a mask, you can even animate the border (see this: (http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=135843, review the 2nd Mask tutorial).

Have Fun! :D :) :D 8)

Dale

Postby dunnll » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:49 pm

Kathy - thanks so much - it's really cool.
Dlae I'll have to print your instructions off and try - I have done many slideshows, but all are basic - I haven't learned keyframing or layers very well and I am in awe of everything I see. I see have seen so many cool things over the last couple years of reading this board, but guess I just need a class to really learn it. Baby steps......
Thanks you both for helping me.
Lori

Postby Ron » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Hey dale
I admire your knowledge of masks and appreciate you posting your tutorial on them. I'm going to make it my next learning curve wall to break. I have some basic knowledge of masks but would love to move to intermediate by summers end. The world of masking I see is incredible watching some of those Producer Demos.
Thanks Again
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Return to PSP - Tutorials