Video Tutorial - Quick & Easy intro sequence

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
PhotoGavin

Video Tutorial - Quick & Easy intro sequence

Postby PhotoGavin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi everyone.

I've uploaded a new Proshow Prodcer video tutorial on creating a short intro sequence.

It's not a particually advanced technique an many of the regular posters to this excellent forum will probably not learn anything new. However, if you're keen to learn a simple use of keyframes then have a look.

Either way I hope you'll find the technique interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jqrrwRLJuE&fmt=18

Gavin

Re: Video Tutorial - Quick & Easy intro sequence

Postby AMD » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks, Gavin. You did a great job of explaining everything. I was pleased also to get a better glimpse of Version 4.0's interface. I am still using 3.5 simply because I seem to finally have it "calmed" down a bit from crashing so much and am a bit afraid to upgrade to 4.0.

AMD

mlanders

Postby mlanders » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:03 pm

Hi AMD,

no need to be afraid - it worked like a charm and i love the new interface and the new "Multilayer Keyframe Editor" window is a real time-saver when you working on projects - this and the Youtube HD output are two keys why i updated to version 4.0 and i had not regretted it.
Ah...have forgotten it - and the blur feature: WOW i love it

And thanks to you Gavin for your really good and perfect Tutorials!

Michael

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:18 am

I tried it and although not perfect, I can see the benefits.
And before the FORUM POLICE jump on me, they are MY PHOTOS

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4447&alb=0

M
Last edited by Studio7Productions on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Postby trulytango » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:39 am

Hi Gavin

The link takes me to Youtube, where I have successfully watched some your previous tutorials - as well as recommending them to others. This time however, the video is taking far too long to load.

In the past, you have posted tutorials for Gold - so have you just upgraded to Producer?

Mel... your link is faulty, it should not contain the words 'editcontentgo' - you have done something wrong that needs correcting.

Regards
Iris

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:46 am

Link Corrected.....thanks for the Heads Up

M
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Postby maxste » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:12 am

Gavin;
Thank you for the tutorial. The efects were thoroughly explained and you've "illuminated" (lights are on) an undiscoverdd country in the "blur". I'll be using this effect in my next show. Thanks again.
Steve
Photoshop CS3, Sony A-350, Sony A-100, Sony F707, Fuji F100FD, PSP, Blufftitler, Captions Alive Pro, One One Photo SUite 5

Esteemed Member

Postby Cliff.Thomas » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:18 am

Gavin,

Thanks for taking the time to put this together and for sharing with us.

This is a very interesting approach that I hadn't seen before.

Some of the new features of version 4, which add more time to the learning curve, also seem to open up a lot of creative potential.

Cliff
Canon 60D, Photoshop CS5, ProShow Producer 7

Postby debngar » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:46 am

Your tutorials are always interesting and informative.

Thanks!
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

PhotoGavin

Postby PhotoGavin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:59 am

Thanks for all the replies.

AMD & Michael, Yep PSP 4 looks better and seems reasonably stable. The new toys are great but for now I'm having "fun" finding where all the old stuff has been hidden.

Mel, that was a nice interpretation.

Iris, the original link was to the High quality (HQ) version which may explain your problem. Here's a link to the older "low quality" that'll work faster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jqrrwRLJuE

Since I last posted a Proshow tutorial on the forum, Youtube have made the move to High Definition (HD). I won't bore you with the technical stuff, but after a few months of trying different settings I've concluded that HD is excellent quality, but the download speed is just to slow even on a fairly fast broadband connection. So I'll be sticking to HQ not HD for the time being.

Steve, blur is indeed a very nice feature in PSP 4.

Cliff, the learning curve never ends, just when you feel you're reacing the top the software companies release something new and you slip half way back down. :roll:

Debbie, thanks I hope you found this video clearer then before.

Bye for now

Gavin

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:09 am

Gavin, what I like best of all about your tutorials is that you combine what seem to be the most basic parts of ProShow, go through what are simple sequences with them, and then end up with completely professional looking results. And you've done it again. I really like this easy-to-accomplish effect, and I won't be forgetting it anytime soon.

Thank you so much.

Barbara

PhotoGavin

Postby PhotoGavin » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:46 pm

Barbara, Thanks for the positive comments.

It's always good to know the advanced stuff but most of the time I find simple is so often the best.

Bye for now

Gavin

photogato

Postby photogato » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:29 pm

This is a great video. With a little thinking, several of the features can be applied to Gold. Many thanks for taking the time to pull together this tutorial and sharing it with us. :D

Postby sheldonk » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:04 pm

Hi Gavin,

I just spent the whole afternoon reviewing your other tutorials. They are all smashing! The more I listened, the more I recognized your voice. Sure enough, you're the same Gavin who works for Digital Photo Magazine. I have been subscribing to it for years!

For anyone not familiar with Digital Photo, it is a UK publication. Published monthly, it comes with a free CD with up to 2 hours of video, besides the print copy of the magazine. The CD also includes work files, and lots of goodies. As I remember, it had a trial of Proshow Gold sometime last year! Also included some great music files on that CD which I have used in shows.

With todays exchange rates, the subscription price to the USA has dropped significantly. Goto:

http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk and check it out!

Gavin, thank you for all your great tutorials and keep them coming!

Sheldon

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:27 pm

Sheldon, I just looked at the magazine site and couldn't find a spot where it translates pounds into dollars. Do you have to figure it out on your own or did I click everywhere but where I should have?

Barbara

Next

Return to PSP - Tutorials