"Silent Movie" - a simple modifier setting

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Re: "Silent Movie" - a simple modifier setting

Postby debngar » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:17 am

No vignette but a radial gradient mask applied over all the images in the demonstration.

I have a feeling if I ever get a decent running version of this program, the suggested modifier settings will be completely different. I'm convinced they're not working properly and am guessing the next build would require different settings to accomplish the same effect.

I think It makes more sense to use the saw tooth but I can't get it to work at all at all when I test it.

I can't wait to see what interesting things you come up with Iris.

How about we establish a challenge for modifiers (mentioned before by someone else) and make it due at the end of March? Hopefully we'll all have a better build/version to work with by then.

Anyone game?
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Valued Member

Postby smitty1946 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick show, trying to duplicate the Old Film effect. Couldn't find an old picture so I used what I had. Now I'm in search of a old projector soundtrack.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=148224

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Smitty

(thanks Debbie)
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

Postby debngar » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:37 pm

Smitty,

You don't need an old picture. All mine are brand new. Just colorize what you have in Producer (I did) using a brown tone sepia shade from the color picker or use a simple black and white (RGB 128/128/128) instead.

I also was considering the potential for a projector sound but it can be over-used. I'd think I'd rather stick to just having background music throughout the show. If the sound is used, I'd only do that for the beginning intro and the end of a show maybe
Debbie

Valued Member

Postby smitty1946 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:53 pm

Debbie,

Yes, for an intro only.

Smityy

Postby debngar » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:06 pm

Smitty,

I forgot to say - your demo looked like you used the brightness and/or white point slider to modify. Is that correct? It was lightened quite a bit. This is the result I got when I tried to apply the modifier to those sliders too. So instead, I chose in the end to use the black point slider. But it's just a matter of taste and maybe a matter of which version of the program the user is using. The bugs in the version 4 (regardless of the build at this point) seem to make things act differently for different people's computers. I don't know why that is though.
Debbie

Valued Member

Postby smitty1946 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:26 pm

Debbie,

I'm using the latest version. 4.00.2462

Modifier: Black Point
Sawtooth Wave
Frequency 7.00
Amplitude 50.00

Background image: Colorized gray. Opacity 80%. Could be why it looks like I used white point.

Smitty

Postby debngar » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:17 pm

Ok I might not pick 80% opacity for your picture. Not sure why you did that. You're speaking of your picture, right?

Do you have a white "background" under your image? Is this why it might look lighter too?

I had a black background under the images and a radial gradient mask over top of the pictures to fade the edges to look like an old vignetted projection and soften the sides.

I didn't use saw tooth because on my computer, it didn't do anything - buggy darn thing. :roll: But ideally, I think saw tooth should be a good choice - if everything was working correctly that is. In my case, my settings seem to be unpredictable for now.
Debbie

skiyak

Postby skiyak » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Debbie,
Thanks for your sample. It's a very interesting use of modifiers and one that I can see being used quite a bit.

wendy

Previous

Return to PSP - Tutorials